IMA Battery, Catalytic Converter just died - Julie at HondaCorp just told me 'To Bad'

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: IMA Battery, Catalytic Converter just died - Julie at HondaCorp just told me 'To

Well thats good , belts can be a pain! H

Old 03-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: IMA Battery, Catalytic Converter just died - Julie at HondaCorp just told me 'To

Originally Posted by Hybrid_MDGirl

Catalytic Converter - $1300
IMA battery $3000+.

Can't afford the IMA battery right now - SURPIRSE!!!

So, two days = $2350. Lets hope my battery last this year and no I will not be buying another Honda hybrid.
Okay,

Browns Recycling in Alabama rebuilds catalytic converters. I was quoted $160 for my Insight, so the HCH shouldn't be that much different. They cut them open and replace the guts with new. They don't have a website, but here is contact info:

http://web.userinstinct.com/1487314-brown-recycling.htm

Your IMA battery can be repaired for $600-$1000 depending on what is wrong with it. Try to get the error code. A P1433 code is repairable others are too. Look at http://www.hybrid-battery-repair.com/ for more info.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info on repairing/replacing the IMA Battery! My light keeps coming on from time to time..I guess it depends on the weather.

I may use that resourse when the time comes for replacing it. I'm calmer now about my car but still pissed about this hidden cost.

I look at the new Insight with a *side eye*. The prices sounds attractive but now that I know what I could be getting myself into when buying a Hybrid - I will think long and hard about buying a regular car the next time around. I'll wait for plug in.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:01 AM
Enthusiast

You do realize that your IMA battery is covered for 10 years, 150,000 miles, right? If you get an IMA light, rush down to a dealer and have them read the code immediately.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Wo ai Zheng!

Originally Posted by OgreGev
You do realize that your IMA battery is covered for 10 years, 150,000 miles, right?
Ogre, this is if you're in a CARB state. Otherwise it's 8/80.

Edit for linkage to Honda FAQ

Last edited by mmrmnhrm; 04-10-2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: linkage
Old 04-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Enthusiast

Whoops, sorry. I was thinking you had an Insight. I'm monitoring too many threads at once. Insights were expanded to 10/150 primarily due to the large number of 2000 and 2001 failures.

Originally Posted by mmrmnhrm
Ogre, this is if you're in a CARB state. Otherwise it's 8/80.

Edit for linkage to Honda FAQ

Old 05-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Enthusiast

Honda just told me the same thing...I've replaced two catalytic converters on my 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid now at 140K miles and less than two months after replacing the last one I'm being told by the Honda Corporation "sorry". Sorry does not cut it. My brother owns the same exact vehicle at roughly the same mileage and has replaced his catalytic converter FIVE times. However his dealership seems to be more customer friendly, and has done the last several ones for labor only.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Enthusiast

I have a 2004 HCH and I do not have a timing belt either. Sorry to say it looks like the original poster was scammed on a replacement timing belt by the dealer.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Hybrid Neophyte
Exclamation Re: IMA Battery, Catalytic Converter just died - Julie at HondaCorp just told me 'To

Originally Posted by Hybrid_MDGirl
Ok. I bought my Honda Civic Hybrid in October,2003 for about $21,000. ... She said that I was told in 10/03 about this warrenty...which is CRAP!
Hybrid MdGirl
OK. Not trying to sound too glib, but the Warranty information is spelled out quite explicitly in the Warranty Booklet that one receives when one takes ownership of the vehicle. I recently bought an '09 HCH and I read ALL of the accompanying paperwork, which clearly stated HOW LONG the warrantys were for the individual components.

Do I agree with how you're being treated by Honda? Of course not. But it is up to the owner to know how long warrantys last.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Enthusiast

I have an "08 Honda Civic Hybrid. According to the owner's manual the warranty on the NiCad battery is 80,000 miles or 8 years which ever comes first. I guess if you have alot of miles your ship is sunk and you need a new battery

Quick Reply: IMA Battery, Catalytic Converter just died - Julie at HondaCorp just told me 'To Bad'

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands