Just Curious, Why 2006 HCH and not Prius?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 01:33 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Just Curious, Why 2006 HCH and not Prius?

I'm navigation challenged, so I knew I wasn't going to buy another vehicle without it. Once Honda added Nav to the Civic my decision was made. The older body looked better than the Prius. The new body is even more attractive.

Old 11-26-2005, 01:59 PM
G.H. Contributor
Arrow Re: Just Curious, Why 2006 HCH and not Prius?

Hello Carbound; I think this is going to be a (Very-Hard-Call). I think in the end it is simply going to come down to which one do you "Like And Want" and not so much as to which one has the superior Technology over the other. They both are great vehicles.

You did ask us which one we prefer though. The 2006 HCH ll and the reasons why I chose this over the other one has already been told in the other post on this Thread.

HTH

Terry

BTW; I really don't think there is a (BAD-CHOICE) here. Either one is Great:

Old 11-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Enthusiast

Style is a big motivator for me to get the HCH, but I really wish Honda offered all the options I want like the keyless ignition, HID lights, back up camera, bluetooth......

Old 11-27-2005, 08:54 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Just Curious, Why 2006 HCH and not Prius?

Originally Posted by powerglide
Style is a big motivator for me to get the HCH, but I really wish Honda offered all the options I want like the keyless ignition, HID lights, back up camera, bluetooth......
powerglide; I can discuss some of this with you. Like I said in the above post these comments are just my (Opinions). I work at a Chevy dealership and we have (Keyless) on the New 06 Vette and I can tell you that the Majority of people/owners really do-not like it and wish it had the standard ignition with a key. It really just something else to go wrong and very complicated. The (Back-Up-Camera) is necessary on the (Prius) because of very limited rear view out the rear of the vehicle. It is (Not-Necessary) with the 06 HCH which for 06 has an even "Larger Rear Window" to see out of versus the 2005 HCH.

Now for the last two items you mentioned:

Bluetooth; I like and it is nice but do you really have to have it with the new Cell Phones that have hands free talk anyway. Again though "Personal-Choice".

HID-Lights; This one is going to be a bear to get around, but I'll give it a shot. The 06 HCH as I have read in Post on Threads here has very good-lights for 2006. I personally in the Hondas that I have owned have (Replaced) the factory Headlights with the (New-Sylvania-Silverstar) Bulbs that you see advertised on T/V all the time and I can Personally tell you that they (Work). So this does give us an out on the HID-Light situation. Believe me I have had both types of lights on vehicles and it's two different technologies but the (Sylvania-Silverstar-Bulbs) are more than adequate to light up the Hwy. and add that extra measure of Safety to your driving. One more comment about the "Silverstars" they also show up the (White Lines) on the Road at night when it is Pouring down Rain. I really like them when it is raining or very dark out at night. (They-Work)

Well; there are some thoughs of mine on the concerns you have posted here and BTW I had the exact same ones so thats why I am taking the time to share these thoughts with you and I researched this "To-Death", believe me.

I always came back to the 2006 HCH after trying to convince myself to go with the (Prius). My Sister-In-Law purchased the 05 Prius and she likes it but the more I checked into the two vehicles I just could not see going with the Prius with that (OFF-CENTER) dash layout. I just do-not like that and I much prefer the 06 HCH outside looks to the Prius so there you have it.

I will take delivery on the 06 HCH in Jan. 06 and I think I really made the right decision between the two Hybrids.

Good-Luck and let us all know on "GreenHybrid" what your decision is and I hope that I have maybe shed some additional light on this matter.

HTH

Terry

Old 11-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Enthusiast

All,
Thanks for all your candid comments on both the Prius and 06 HCH. I'm still in the research mode, and I'm looking closely at both vehicles. I've been reading this forum as well as other Prius centric forum. IMHO, the majority of Prius forum members seem to be more fanatical and "cultish" compared to HCH board members and they thus provide a more biased opinion.

With that said, I have another question. Does the 06 HCH have heated side mirrors?

Thanks,
Richard

Old 11-27-2005, 11:00 AM
G.H. Contributor

Originally Posted by seattlite
All,
Thanks for all your candid comments on both the Prius and 06 HCH. I'm still in the research mode, and I'm looking closely at both vehicles. I've been reading this forum as well as other Prius centric forum. IMHO, the majority of Prius forum members seem to be more fanatical and "cultish" compared to HCH board members and they thus provide a more biased opinion.

With that said, I have another question. Does the 06 HCH have heated side mirrors?

Thanks,
Richard
Richard; The 06 Honda HCH does (NOT) have outside Heated Mirrors, but it does have as you probably know, Side-Turn-Signals built into the outside Mirrors.

The Canadian 06 HCHs have (Heated-outside-Mirrors). But not USA Models .

HTH

Terry

Old 11-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Enthusiast

I bought my 06 HCH because I couldn't wait 6 months for a prius!

Old 11-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Richard; The 06 Honda HCH does (NOT) have outside Heated Mirrors, but it does have as you probably know, Side-Turn-Signals built into the outside Mirrors.

The Canadian 06 HCHs have (Heated-outside-Mirrors). But not USA Models .

HTH

Terry
Vancouver is a short 2 hour drive from me. I wonder how much it would cost to get a Canadian set of 06 HCH side mirrors. I could probably live without Smart Key, VSC and HID's, but heated side mirrors are a convenience that I might not be able to live without.

Old 11-27-2005, 01:12 PM
G.H. Contributor

Originally Posted by seattlite
Vancouver is a short 2 hour drive from me. I wonder how much it would cost to get a Canadian set of 06 HCH side mirrors. I could probably live without Smart Key, VSC and HID's, but heated side mirrors are a convenience that I might not be able to live without.
Well; you asked and you shall receive. Heres the deal on Heated Ouside Mirrors from Canada. I personally did do exactly what you are talking about on your post. I ordered from a dealer in Canada the Heated Outside Mirrors for my 2003 HCH and the Honda Factory Switch so every thing would be factory just like it came from Honda to the USA Model and had it all installed. It looked perfect (Factory-Because-It-Was) and worked Flawless. Very Expensive as I remember. $$$$$$

In your case maybe the way to approach this would be to get in touch with a Canadian Honda Dealer and "Prepay" (Only-Way-They-Will) do it and take / Drive your HCh ll to them and have them do the complete install. If you live within two hrs. of Canada, this would seem like the way to handle this and they should be able to do it as they are Honda Dealers.

Get your "Wallet" $$$$$$ out for this but I can see NO-REASON that it cannot be done. "GOOD-LUCK"

HTH;

Terry

Old 11-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Well; you asked and you shall receive. Heres the deal on Heated Ouside Mirrors from Canada. I personally did do exactly what you are talking about on your post. I ordered from a dealer in Canada the Heated Outside Mirrors for my 2003 HCH and the Honda Factory Switch so every thing would be factory just like it came from Honda to the USA Model and had it all installed. It looked perfect (Factory-Because-It-Was) and worked Flawless. Very Expensive as I remember. $$$$$$

In your case maybe the way to approach this would be to get in touch with a Canadian Honda Dealer and "Prepay" (Only-Way-They-Will) do it and take / Drive your HCh ll to them and have them do the complete install. If you live within two hrs. of Canada, this would seem like the way to handle this and they should be able to do it as they are Honda Dealers.

Get your "Wallet" $$$$$$ out for this but I can see NO-REASON that it cannot be done. "GOOD-LUCK"

HTH;

Terry
Hmmmm....now you got me thinking. Maybe I'll get a stock 06 HCH/NAV and get the dealer installed options(dimming rearview mirror, fog lights, etc.) in Vancouver, BC instead at my local dealer. I'll get some price quotes tomorrow.

Richard

Quick Reply: Just Curious, Why 2006 HCH and not Prius?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands