Looking to get an 06 HCH!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 07:08 PM
G.H. Contributor
Exclamation Re: Looking to get an 06 HCH!

Originally Posted by Sheniferous
I just tried Lancaster, Santa Barbara, and Bakersfield Hondas. I'm still waiting to hear back from all three. I keep getting emails from dealers trying to get me down to their dealerships without giving me a price quote in the email... and actually, while I'm here, allow me to step on my soapbox about car dealerships. Ahem:

I absolutely HATE car dealerships and the whole car buying process. Yes I know the dealership is there to make as much money as it can, but for what? For allowing me the pleasure of parking my car in your covered garage for a few days? Nowadays, the car dealer is effectively obsolete, at least for me. Before I head into the dealership I've already done all the work the dealers used to do. I already know all the specifications of the car. I've read countless reviews. I've gotten real world feedback on it from sites like this. I've poured through photos, videos, and virtual test drives. I've done the dealer's work for him at this point!

It's not like I walk into a dealership, ready to buy a car, but don't know which car I want. I mean, I should do that. Find a dealer to torment knowing good and well what the price I'm willing to pay for a certain vehicle is, but go with an empty stare. Tie up a dealer for hours by asking questions about every single model on their lot, test drive each and every single one of them and really make the dealer work for the money he's about to receive. And when he gives me a price I don't like? I'll just walk off the lot.

In short, the dealer isn't working for my business... why should I pay the dealer mark-up!! Grrrrr
Well, after reading this Post, what could one say but Amen.

In todays market place I think in more cases than not, you are correct in that most of us do all the real leg work and could go into the dealer and hold a class on the Hybrid and teach their sells people alot about the car that they are suppose to be selling the public.

Lets face it the truth is that along time ago sells people new the product and appraised the trade-in and even in some cases did the final paper work. Today the sells people for the most part are what is referred to as (Order-Takers), now most of them don't want to here that, but they (Sells-People) don't have any say in the process at all. They go to the "Desk" where the sells Managers are located and then back to the customer and back and forth until a compromise is made on the sell. Pitiful

If that is not bad enough , then the customer is turned over to the Finance Manager to what (Get-More-Of-Your-Money) through bumping the Percentage on the Loan, Selling Gap Ins. , Ext. Warr. , and the list goes on. Every body that the customer comes into contact from entering the Dealership is looking at the Customer as a Possible, Dollar in their Pocket.

Does this sound like I know what goes on in (Most-Dealerships)??? I should I have worked in one for the past 10-Yrs.

You want to here the rest of the story? Well here it is in Black & White, the more Money/Profit that is made from a customer. The more Laughting, Kidding back and forth amongst the salesman/Lady and the Sells manager, F&I Manager about how they just (Hit-A-Home-Run) and the customer thought they got such a Great-Deal when we were finished with them.

All dealers are not like this and I am not saying that every deal that goes down is like the one I just spoke of, but believe me there are alot of them these days and the newer the vehicle and the greater the demand for it the more offen that the deal I described above does take place and often.

Terry

BTW; My advise is for everyone to shop around until you are satisfied, if you even for one minute think that something does not seem right, "Run-Don't-Walk" away from that dealer and don't look back.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Looking to get an 06 HCH!

Originally Posted by jlambeth
5) I'm in the LA area, can anybody recommend a good dealer? In the So. Cal area, what have members been paying? I see on Edmunds.com that invoice for the standard Hybrid is $20,517 and the Hybrid w/Navi is $21,885.

I counted myself fortunate with purchasing mine at MSRP. Other quotes were above MSRP outside of LA. Of course, Navi seems to be in relatively short supply vs. without Navi. Dealers have told me that maybe 1 out of 8 are Navi.

I appreciate the help guys! And hopefully I'll join your ranks soon!
Great questions. Usually these come after someone has purchased the car as in, "Did I GET a good price?" oh please, oh please, oh please...

Jesse
Hey Jesse, what dealer did you purchase your HCH2 from?

Old 01-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

This is quickly becoming my blog about the unpleasant experience of car buying! Anyway, I just wanted to share this with you all:

my boss is pretty stuck on the 1500 over sticker but I think he will do 1000 over if i have a live customer sitting in front of me

I mean, does that even work anymore? Isn't the whole "my boss" bit running a bit thin? Lol.

So I've gotten 2 quotes from two different dealers at MSRP ($22,400). One of them though, says that all Civic Hybrids will be sold with LoJack and a "Protection Package". I wonder how much that adds to the price... No thatnks on both counts!

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Razorx

I purchased it through the internet department at Spreen Honda in Redlands, CA. Smooth and easy purchase at MSRP. Took 6 weeks for car to come in (w/Navi).

Jesse

Old 01-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Razorx

Originally Posted by Sheniferous
This is quickly becoming my blog about the unpleasant experience of car buying! Anyway, I just wanted to share this with you all:

I mean, does that even work anymore? Isn't the whole "my boss" bit running a bit thin? Lol.

So I've gotten 2 quotes from two different dealers at MSRP ($22,400). One of them though, says that all Civic Hybrids will be sold with LoJack and a "Protection Package". I wonder how much that adds to the price... No thatnks on both counts!

I'll let you guys know how it goes.
I only added the alarm system to my auto. All packages are optional unless the dealer is gouging...

Jesse

Old 01-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Jesse
The 2006 HCH comes with security system, standard.
Why did you buy an alarm?

Old 01-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Razorx

Shock sensors integrated into the security system plus a few other things. Considering that I live in San Bernardino County...

Old 01-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

So the standard alarm does not have "shock sensors"?

What are shock sensors?
Are they the things that makes car alarms go off every time a muscle car or a big truck drives by or someone with a booming car stereo drives by, pissing everyone off in the neighborhood?

Old 01-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Looking to get an 06 HCH!

Originally Posted by kenny
So the standard alarm does not have "shock sensors"?

What are shock sensors?
Are they the things that makes car alarms go off every time a muscle car or a big truck drives by or someone with a booming car stereo drives by, pissing everyone off in the neighborhood?
Exact-a-mundo!

Don

Old 01-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

Just got a quote for 21,600 + tax, license, and doc fees. I should be out the door for about $24,300 or so. Should I take it?

Quick Reply: Looking to get an 06 HCH!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands