Low beam on 06 HCH

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 05:59 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Low beam on 06 HCH

Originally Posted by Sport
Has anyone taken the HCH 06 back to the dealer? I'm going tomorrow with all your comments. In calling the service dept, I was told "never heard of the problem"
I pick mine up this coming Saturday and I chose to replace the Factory Bulbs with the Sylvania Silverstars and also I talked to the Master tech doing all the Installation of the accessories on the car and ask him to check the aim on the Low Beam Headlights and to raise it up if he thought it needed it. I called back late today and he had adjusted the headlights up some. So we shall see come this next week.

All I also purchased the Honda Fog-Lights for the car. Can't hurt to have the additional light out front in my opinion. (IMO).

Let us know what the Dealer says or does?

Terry
Getting closer to Saturday every minute by minute.

Old 03-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Low beam on 06 HCH

Ahh...Silverstars, great move....I still have to upgrade my bulbs.

Hang in there Terry, Saturday's almost here!

Old 03-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

What are you guys talking about? Perhaps your other vehicles had misaligned headlights. I just drove it tonight and it's fine.

Old 03-02-2006, 07:53 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Low beam on 06 HCH

Originally Posted by AZMerf
What are you guys talking about? Perhaps your other vehicles had misaligned headlights. I just drove it tonight and it's fine.
AZ;

Yeah, I think what you are saying is correct for the most part. I have not adjusted any of my prior Honda headlights either. However I am getting older and it does make a difference when when you put in the Brighter Bulbs. I very small upward adjustment on the headlights is not going to Blind anyone coming towards you, but it will make a difference as to how well you can see out in front of your car. To each his own is what I say. If no adjustment is necessary then don't mess up a good thing. If the headlights are to close to the front of the car, then have them adjusted by the dealer. That is what the warranty is for.

Terry

Old 03-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Enthusiast

mine are just perfect from the factory, but then again, I do always have the foggies on. But really, the Civic lows are much brighter than my projecter beam headlights on my Integra.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

once again, i'd like to state that the sylvania silverstars are not worth the price, especially when the OSRAM silverstars are the same price and have higher light output and longer life (350hrs vs. 250hrs for the Sylvania's. OEM is about 1000hrs).

http://www.osram.com/products/automo...ilverstar.html

Old 03-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sheniferous
once again, i'd like to state that the sylvania silverstars are not worth the price, especially when the OSRAM silverstars are the same price and have higher light output and longer life (350hrs vs. 250hrs for the Sylvania's. OEM is about 1000hrs). http://www.osram.com/products/automo...ilverstar.html
+1
I know a lot of people who have been unhappy w/ the sylvania's because they burn out fast. I just really wish they would have the option of HID's. Even if they didn't want to go through the trouble of designing two different reflector housings, they could have just made the HID's w/ a projector lens and saved a lot of time.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The OSRAM'S, whats their lumen output ???? And the OEM's ????

Old 03-03-2006, 10:33 AM

I just read these sentences on the OSRAM website, and now I'm confused....

"As the world market leader in automotive lamps, OSRAM offers a wide range of products: headlight lamps and all other light sources for interior and exterior vehicle lighting. In Europe and Asia, OSRAM concentrates solely on light sources and cooperates with other companies in the headlight industry to create lighting solutions for cars. In North America, OSRAM SYLVANIA also offers complete headlight systems."

So OSRAM owns Sylvania ???? Then whats the difference ????

Last edited by mexiken; 03-03-2006 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:40 AM

Yeah, basically OSRAM is OSRAM Sylvania in North America. But that bothers me that the lights on the OSRAM's are better than Sylvania's if they're made by the SAME company. GGGGRRRRR. Anyway, has anyone tried to the cool blues ???? I want the BLUEST I can get, forget the brightness, the BLUEST. What does everyone recommend ????

Quick Reply: Low beam on 06 HCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands