my IMA recall experience =/

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: my IMA recall experience =/

WOOHOO!

Way to Go Snazzy.

When you get the car back, take a full look at all the dash seams all around; make sure everything fits properly; take it for a test drive with the service manager or a technician to listen for any squeaks or rattles that were not there before; make sure there are no scratches to the exterior and ask that they wash it before they return it to you.

Best,

Michael

Old 06-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mickster
WOOHOO!
make sure there are no scratches to the exterior and ask that they wash it before they return it to you.
You think they'll agree to wash the car?! That would be great!
However, I can just hear them now "sorry no time, no time...no time...nooooo...."

I'm I supposed to expect this from dealers?

Old 06-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

If the dealer had my car for a week, and it was exposed to the elements (Not Honda Elements) I'd ask them to do that. I doubt they kept it garaged as you might have done, no? A good dealer wouldn't need to be asked.

Old 06-16-2006, 09:03 AM
Enthusiast

So I got my car back yesterday. Everything looks good and I am VERY happy to have it back!
Service guy (turns out he wasn't the service manager..my bad ) told me they took the dash off, and during the software upgrade their computer crashed wiping out all the info on my odometer...
turns out that's the only time the dash was even messed with, which makes me happy.

He gave me a card for a free car wash (seems like that service department is ALWAYS way busy), so maybe when I get a day off in a couple of months I can hit them up for a wash

Thank you all for your support in all this. I realize now I was freaking out, mainly because it was out of my control.

Please let me know if anyone else experiences a similar experience with the IMA recall/upgrade.

Thanks!