Negative Camber problem on 2006 HCH...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 08:13 PM
EKL
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Negative Camber problem on 2006 HC H...

My dealer told me that American Honda just issued the
service bulliten last week. And it is a case by case basic only.

Originally Posted by Chris(CA)
I've noticed my 2006 HCH II has lots of negative camber on the rear, is this fix by Honda for all cars? if so perhaps I'll take mine in and get it fixed.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:14 PM
EKL
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Negative Camber problem on 2006 HC H...

My dealer told me that American Honda just issued the service bulliten last week and it is a case by case basic only.
But they will fix that negative camber problem and maybe replaces all four tires (prorated).

Originally Posted by Chris(CA)
I've noticed my 2006 HCH II has lots of negative camber on the rear, is this fix by Honda for all cars? if so perhaps I'll take mine in and get it fixed.

Last edited by EKL; 01-27-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Negative Camber problem on 2006 HCH...

I have a 07 HCH with these problems as well. I've printed out this forum and am going to drop it off to the dealer. I hope I get somewhere with it!

Here was my post...

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...roblems-16366/

We're still having problems driving in a straight line when the roads are bad.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:57 AM
rgx
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rgx
Camber should be negative, the specification says front -0.3 deg, rear -1.39 deg. So if you're saying a wheel is 3 degrees off, it has an actual camber of -3.3 or -4.8 degrees? That would be clearly visible to the eye. On the plus side, the car would corner well.
I will need to correct myself. Manual says -0'3" and -1'39", respectively. That's rather -0.05 and -1.65 degrees, respectively.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Enthusiast

yes there is a service bulletin up its is to replace the rear control arms i just bought an 06 a few days ago and noticed this problem i also heard a loud noise coming from what sounded like the driver side rear tire. Wolfchase honda jacked it up to find uneven tread wear.

They said alignment or a pot hole or blah blah blah.

They dont want to shell out the money and they just got this service bulletin

i have not read to the fullest extent this forum but READ THIS CAREFULLY

IF YOUR CAR HAS MORE THAN 24K MILAGE YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR TIRES REIMBURSED OR REPLACED FROM HONDA

SO IF YOUR CAR IS CLOSE TO THIS MILEAGE AND YOU CAN TAKE IT TO THE DEALER DO SO AND GET THIS PART REPLACED UNDER FACORY WARRANTY

I HOPE THIS WAS HELPFULL

any questions send me a message im not sure how soon i will reply i just started using this

Old 02-21-2008, 08:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

Our dealer replaced the control arms a few days ago. I'll have to wait until the next black-ice or big snow storm to see if it makes any difference though!

Kinda disconcerting to be driving down the road and have the back of the car jump around whenever we hit an ice spot.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Energy Independence

This does read as though it's being handled on a case-by-case basis. Sounds fishy.

My question is this - don't ALL our our 2006 and probably ALL 2007 Civics have this same problem?
How could they NOT have this problem?

I think I should demand they put the right parts on, at my next service.
I'm over 25K on the car (and original tires), so no reimbursement there. I just want this defect corrected. Shouldn't we ALL get it corrected - whether there's any evidence in our tire-wear or not?

What do the rest of you guys-n-gals think?

Old 02-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Enthusiast

i agree with you 100% i believe the only way to make honda do something like that is to make them recall the part.

THE ONLY WAY THEY WILL DO THAT IS DUE TO THE NATIONALLY BROADCAST MEDIA

Old 02-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Enthusiast

I just got the service taken care of on my Civic Hybrid. I bought it in 2006. I got two tires changed at 28,000 miles and then the other two at 34,000. I also had an alignment done to the car. These were all done at a local tire place and not the Honda dealer.

I brought in the bulletin to my dealer and they agreed to do all the work to fix my car for free and are giving me $180 for the tires and alignment. It's not a 100% fix, but they did give me far more than they were supposed to based on the service bulletin. I think they weren't supposed to give me anything for the tires based on my miles.

I was pretty happy with how it was handled.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Enthusiast

Does anyone have a copy of the American Service Bulletin?
I noticed the cupping of the tires and the rear vibration, my dealer said I was "too picky, it is not a luxury car." And, "don't you think the Honda designers know what they are doing?" He refused to replace the tires or admit there was a problem.

Quick Reply: Negative Camber problem on 2006 HCH...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands