Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replaced

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replac

No, I am saying the tires had cupping with 7,000 miles on the car, the control arms and tires were replaced and the noise was greatly reduced. At 15,000 miles I see no unusual wear and the car remains much quietier.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replac

Ok, I understand. Good to hear it's resolved.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I'm glad to see people are still using this. I still come back and check it every now and then. timbrwlf55, Keep us updated on whether or not Honda replaces them for you. if not, try another dealership.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Enthusiast

Yep, after about a week of waiting for an approval from the district manager Honda agreed as a goodwill gesture to replace the control arm set and flange bolts and perform a 4 wheel alignment per the service bulletin. Just got my car back a few minutes ago and I can see the 'C' present on the new arms.

All is well, Beaverton Honda is on the ok to do business with list

Old 09-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

Has anyone been successful in getting their control arms replaced while being out of warranty?

My 06 Civic Hybrid has never missed a service. At 28,000 miles I had to replace the OEM Insignia SE-200's. The rears looked absolutely terrible. Down to the cord on the outer edges. When I had the alignment performed at the same time the dealership provided me with a sheet listing the alignment readings. When I noticed the rear camber was still out of spec after the alignment I immediately brought it to their attention. They then told me there was nothing they could do about it as there is no adjustment for the camber. To make this problem a little more bearable I have been having the tires rotated at every service instead of only having it done when they said it was time for it. I believe all this did was just make all 4 tires wear more evenly but still prematurely.

Well now I am at 107,000 miles and in need of my 5th set of tires. I have a feeling that this premature tire wear was caused by the control arms. I would appreciate any advice in getting this taken care of by Honda.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Enthusiast

Yes I did, my car was at 55k miles and they did the replacement. I was told by the service manager that on any vehicle over 49k miles they have to obtain approval from the district manager, but that it was 90% likely to be approved. I will say he did seem to think because I wasn't asking for any tire replacement or compensation that approval was more assured.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by timbrwlf55
Yes I did, my car was at 55k miles and they did the replacement. I was told by the service manager that on any vehicle over 49k miles they have to obtain approval from the district manager, but that it was 90% likely to be approved. I will say he did seem to think because I wasn't asking for any tire replacement or compensation that approval was more assured.
Thanks for your input. I was not looking for any other compensation other than the control arms replaced. I am just glad that a solution is in place. I am currently thinking about choosing Bridgestone Ecopia EP-100's as my next tire. They are more expensive than the OEM SE200's or Dunlops but I am reading very good things about them. I would feel much more comfortable knowing that the control arms are replaced before I make this investment. I am hoping that the fact that I complained about this at a very early mileage works in my favor.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well Honda denied my request to have the rear control arms replaced due to my high mileage. I replied that I had complained about the rear camber being out of spec when it was well within warranty. Their reply was that the TSB was not out yet. I do not see how that really matters. I complained, it was noted , and I was told nothing could be done about it.

Well I put a new set of tires on today and had an alignment done.

Here are the results of my rear camber.

_____________________________________Actual ______________Specified Range

Rear Left ______________________________-1.7 _________________-2.4 -0.6

Rear Right______________________________-2.7 _________________-2.4 -0.6

As you can see my right is still slightly out.

Last edited by dburanich; 09-25-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Enthusiast

I just had no luck trying to get Honda to cover my new rear control arms. At 77,000 they said no way. They wanted a total of about 360 to replace the arms and do an alignment. I think I'll just go back to wishing somebody steals my car and totals it.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Enthusiast

Hi, I have a 2007 HCHII with over 32,000 miles on the stock OEM Dunlop SP31 tires. I have a little less than 4/32 inches of tread left on the tires. Is this normal? I mentioned the service bulletin to my dealership, but they said I do not have this problem. What should I do? If I were to pay out of pocket, how much would it cost?

Quick Reply: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replaced

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands