New 2005 HCH Owner has 2 Rookie Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Default Re: New 2005 HCH Owner has 2 Rookie Questions

I have also "seen" the phantom numbers which appear to be the lifetime mileage.

I think maybe honda figured that after say 10K miles its going to be very hard to make a change to your lifetime and since when you get the car you get the worse mileage it looks like your milage is poor even as your mileage improves.

There was one user here who complained of poor milage because she was always looking at a display that never got reset. After she reset it she saw that she was realy getting very good mileage but it never showed up on her display.

Old 10-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Rigger:

___A forced update can work in either direction or none. All it does is display the current FE as it calculated it after a refresh. If you performed a FAS the last 45 seconds after a recent reset and the FCD’s refresh, you would see it increase .3/.4 after tapping the FCD button.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 10-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Vegetarian

Originally Posted by tbaleno
I think maybe honda figured that after say 10K miles its going to be very hard to make a change to your lifetime and since when you get the car you get the worse mileage it looks like your milage is poor even as your mileage improves.

good point. when i bought my car the two trips had mileage in the mid 30s, one was only a few miles the other had over a thousand, so i'm guessing that's about the average the previous owner got. because of that the lifetime for my car wouldn't be as high as if i had had it the whole time. i still think it'd be interesting to know... maybe not have it display all the time, but maybe something you could get off the cars computer somehow? i know mileage depends on the driver a lot but real life mileage is something potential buyers would be interested in. espcially if the car was driven in the same area as it would be after it's sold.