New exhaust 2 1/4"

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks
Default Re: New exhaust 2 1/4"

Originally Posted by Z71
Anyone come across a dual exhaust for an '06HCH?
Rick
Just find a good/cheap local shop who are cool enough to let you climb up under and point, give advice, complain and you will find the dual exhaust you are looking for.
Clif

Old 02-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hello to all my homies from the thread... been a little mia lately but I just wanted to report on a trip I took last week. Drove to and from my city up to fullerton, ca... that's about 210 miles one way. Took the 111 to 86 to 10 to 91 (If I can remember right) and came back the same way. Between 10 and 91, and if any of you have traveled through there know this, there are wind generators all over the sides of the road meaning that the road is basically a wind tunnel. Total ditance traveled was 437.4 including the very small city driving I had to do in fullerton. Set cruise control at 70mph the whole way up and 65mph comming back. There was rain the last 30 miles going into fullerton so I had to slow down to 65mph. I only fueled once when I left my hometown. When I arrived home I still had four bars left on my fuel gauge and the mpg's read 44.2 on the dash. A few days after that, when I needed to refuel and had no bars left, I went in the gas station still with the mpg's reading 44.2. I fueled up, did my manual calculations and resulted with a perfect 46 mpg's. I'm just about to reach the 10k miles so I'm taking the car in for it's scheduled maintainence.

Oh, and I would rate the noise level a 6, but if you turn the radio on loud (not even real loud), the noise goes away...

Old 02-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Duc
Stock Sucks

WooHoo back on pg.1......

I am currently running a heck of a good tank, I know it isn't the best there is/have been but things to consider are:

20 of 24 miles of my daily commute are at 68-75mph (depending on traffic) 4 miles are at 40-45.
Temps have been as low as 30 and no higher than 55.

57.1mpg avg 280 miles
Clif

Old 02-26-2006, 09:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Duc
So is this your day 2 day route or a trip report, if it is day 2 day then i expect to see more of these #'s ?
Sorry I've been MIA lately, Busy at work. This was a trip report.

Old 02-26-2006, 09:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by malditos
Hello to all my homies from the thread... been a little mia lately but I just wanted to report on a trip I took last week. Drove to and from my city up to fullerton, ca... that's about 210 miles one way. Took the 111 to 86 to 10 to 91 (If I can remember right) and came back the same way. Between 10 and 91, and if any of you have traveled through there know this, there are wind generators all over the sides of the road meaning that the road is basically a wind tunnel. Total ditance traveled was 437.4 including the very small city driving I had to do in fullerton. Set cruise control at 70mph the whole way up and 65mph comming back. There was rain the last 30 miles going into fullerton so I had to slow down to 65mph. I only fueled once when I left my hometown. When I arrived home I still had four bars left on my fuel gauge and the mpg's read 44.2 on the dash. A few days after that, when I needed to refuel and had no bars left, I went in the gas station still with the mpg's reading 44.2. I fueled up, did my manual calculations and resulted with a perfect 46 mpg's. I'm just about to reach the 10k miles so I'm taking the car in for it's scheduled maintainence.

Oh, and I would rate the noise level a 6, but if you turn the radio on loud (not even real loud), the noise goes away...
I live right up the freeway from the 91!! That is great mileage. I have driven down the 10 to Phoenix. It is a horrible drive for gas savings. Congratulations.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

Last two tanks have been great. 46.9 and 48.8. Still not driving it like a hybrid! Sorry. 46.9 @ 40 degrees. we had some cold days with wind and rain. 48.8 once the temp grew more moderate.

Old 03-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Duc
Stock Sucks

IMO that is mighty fine mileage for driving it like a real car.

Old 03-17-2006, 07:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

Question, whenever I have to get the car smogged (2009 in CA) will I have to exchange the exhaust back to the factory default?

Old 03-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Duc
Stock Sucks

That's a good question, I wouldn't imagine you would have to. Y'all allow cars and bikes to have aftermarket exhausts so why not Hybrids.
I talked to the guy who makes turbo's for Insights and he had one insp in CA with had no problems at all, pre-turbo just with the exhaust he had it insp.
Clif

Old 03-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

So what about the 2006 HCH car.

Is anyone doing any exhaust mods?

I've looked over the forum and didnt see any mods done

Unless I missed them.

Last night I drove freeway stop & go 5 mph to 25 for an hour.
then picked up to 72 mph

total trip 165 mi and the computor says 52.5 mpg.

counting the fuel gauge dots (how much gas is left)I believe it

can I improve though?

Quick Reply: New exhaust 2 1/4"

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands