No Civic Hybrid for me, after all

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: No Civic Hybrid for me, after all

Im so sorry to hear of all this MSRP and market adjustment stuff. My dealer in Bartlesville Ok. is selling HCHII's below MSRP and has done so since the launch. I think the only car they sell at MSRP is the Si. They just flat dont get but a trickle of the Si's in. In Tulsa the Thug dealers at at MSRP or above if they think they can get it from you.

I picked up my 06 Civic EX sedan 5mt, w/navi for 416.00 above invoice in Dec.
The 05 Accord EX sedan, 5At was 300 under invoice this time last year.

If I didnt have my dealer,, I would be driving Fords. No Car is worth MSRP or above.

Old 05-19-2006, 12:30 PM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS

ElanC, yeah, it is always a guess guess is easier than a stock guess. The Prius has had several peaks-higher peaks- and valleys. No reason to think that the HCH won't.The Prius was cheaper(country wide) in Jan,Feb,Mar 2006 than it was in Sept-Oct,Nov 2005 despite the $3150 credit. From what I read the CA HCH and Prius frenzy is being driven by the lane sticker deal. I would bet demand will drop after it is over. The HCH isn't soooo much better than the EX auto Civic for the gasoline price to push it to> $3000 more than an EX.The tax credit deal works both ways. Toyota dealers will have to "drop prices" a bit to match the "lower" HCH prices, so it will put more pressure on the Honda dealers.
The best bet is to go out of state.Ca has always been car crazy.Luck,Charlie
PS Saving 1/2 hr per day on a commute would be worth a lot of $$ to me.

Old 05-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by phoebeisis
The best bet is to go out of state.Ca has always been car crazy.Luck,Charlie
I've been looking into it because CA is crazy. But the DMV won't register a vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on it. In any case, just got in contact with some dealers who appearantly read this thread and I might be able to pick on up soon for the lowest price I originally had in writing ($26,028) including all the accessories and destination, registration, tax and all. We'll see.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 05-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shawnb
But the DMV won't register a vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on it.
Is that true for vehicles that meet "50 states" emission standards? California might run afoul of the FTC for hindering interstate commerce if it prohibited vehicles that meet its emission standards.

Old 05-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm waiting for my Mag Pearl HCH2 to arrive at Peters Honda in Nashua. After quoting the price I had to twist their arm to get any sort of price written down, even though they'd glady quote it verbally. They wouldn't write up a buyer's agreement. I didn't sign anything, nor did they take a hold payment of $500. I thought that a bit odd. No hold payment? They asked me for one the week before when I was uncertain on the car color.

Supposedly I have a car on order. I surely hope so. I waited 2 1/2 weeks since placing the order and called back. Asking them to check their delivery report and give me a better ETA on delivery.

No call back in 2 days. I'll drive up there in another week or so and followup in person. I have payment in hand. If it arrives, I will hand it to them the same day.

If they push me around, i'll surely let the individuals here know about my experience. I don't want to be waiting weeks or months for a car that will never arrive.

In spite of it.. if they do mess with me, i'll hop over to a Toyota dealership and buy a Prius. Drive it to the dealership and bug sales guy about how he lost my sale, future maintenance profits, and future vehicle purchases. I plan to get a second hybrid in 2 years after this one.

I had a Chevy dealership ream me some 10 years ago. I have never even considered purchasing a Chevy since, nor will I ever.

-G

Old 05-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by phoebeisis
I would wait til things calm down a bit, and them go out of state. soon.
And I would buy before they move the production from Japan to the US. The QA problems with the EX line out of Canada is proof enough of a difference in lines for me. An assembled in Japan car for this line is the buyers best bet at zero QA problems.

Old 05-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryW
I had a Chevy dealership ream me some 10 years ago. I have never even considered purchasing a Chevy since, nor will I ever.

-G
I wouldn't take a Chevy for free if they wined and dined me in Paris at the Ritz for a month!

Old 05-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kenny
I wouldn't take a Chevy for free if they wined and dined me in Paris at the Ritz for a month!
I would. I'd enjoy the vacation in a 5* hotel for the month, take the free car, and sell it and make a profit or use it as a trade-in on something more appealing to me.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 05-19-2006, 05:44 PM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS

Chevy-GM- makes some good vehicles.The pickups are good, the Maxx is pretty good,Impala is pretty decent, the 4 cyl Malibu auto matches the Accord in mpg(it does have some QC shortcomings, but they are improving), the Suburban is the best BIG SUV( why buy a Sequoia,Expedition, Armada,Tahoe when you get the same MPG with a Suburban that has another 18" of interior room). The Suburban has 6' of interior length behind the second row of seats(you can sleep back there).I'm not suggesting you go buy a Suburban; but if you need a big SUV it might as well be the best one). Now the Excursion is a real POS-no question.
The Vibe is a good car.The Caddys are steadily improving.The Escalade is pretty nice if you want a Blinged up Suburban.
Chevy and GMs main problem is that they just don't make a really good FE 4 cyl. The 4 cyl in the Malibu is FE but it is a bit noisy.They just haven't spent money on good small/medium sized cars. I hope that changes. The Cobalt is fairly decent, but the motor isn't very FE.It is waaaay behind the Corolla and Civic in FE. The Maxx needs a good 4 cyl also-it just comes with a 6cyl. It needs a 170 hp smooth 4 cyl.Better yet, it needs a 4cyl TDI-one of those Euro TDIs we hear so much about.Luck,Charlie
PS I have a Chevy Prizm-very reliable,good mpg-pretty vanilla car,but...

Old 05-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Brains of the Operation

Originally Posted by shawnb
I would. I'd enjoy the vacation in a 5* hotel for the month, take the free car, and sell it and make a profit or use it as a trade-in on something more appealing to me.

Thanks,
Shawn
Really? Ya think? Gosh, for a second there I thought Kenny was using sarcastic hyperbole to make a point. Boy, I guess I was wrong.

Quick Reply: No Civic Hybrid for me, after all

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands