Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Oh Darnit, where can I find Magnetic Pearl Touch Up Pen? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/oh-darnit-where-can-i-find-magnetic-pearl-touch-up-pen-6228/)

manchild 03-02-2006 10:37 PM

Oh Darnit, where can I find Magnetic Pearl Touch Up Pen?

Small little nick on my hood I want to touch up but I can't find anywhere that has the magnetic pearl touch up pen. I looked at Handa-Accessories and they had every color in the touch up pen except that color.

Anyone know where I can get it? Why wouldn't Honda make touch up pen in that color?

HyMinded 03-03-2006 12:08 AM

Re: Oh Darnit, where can I find Magnetic Pearl Touch Up Pen?

That doesn't make sense. Call the dealership's part's department and give your make/model/year and request. They'll hook you up.

mexiken 03-03-2006 10:24 AM

They don't stock it at the dealerships. It has to be special ordered, and costs about 10 bucks. I know, I have about 3 or 4 scratches already....

HyMinded 03-03-2006 12:20 PM

That's terrible. If you want to, pay the $10 for the piece of mind, and then shoot off a letter to the head of Honda America with a complaint and a copy of your receipt. You may even get a refund. I got my Galaxy colored touch-up just by walking up to the part's department and paying (IIRC) ~ US $5 for it.

manchild 03-03-2006 03:28 PM

thanks for the responses guys. I really want to find the touchup pen because it's less risky to use than the ones with brushes. they have them here except magnetic pearl. :(

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civ.../paintpen.html

gumby 03-03-2006 05:19 PM

They don't list the Magnetic Pearl or the Opal Silver Blue Metallic. Both are hybrid-only colors. I bet it's just a matter of time before they get them in.

HyMinded 03-03-2006 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by manchild
Small little nick on my hood I want to touch up but I can't find anywhere that has the magnetic pearl touch up pen. I looked at Handa-Accessories and they had every color in the touch up pen except that color.

:lightbulb I re-read your post and there's no way for any of us to definitively tell w/o seeing it in person...but...if you have a friend who's fanatical about washing/waxing their own car, with the right equipment/supplies they may actually be able to buff off that "small little nick" without having to resort to touch-up. Or if you really don't like the brush touch up applicator, get an artistic friend/car waxing fanatic to do it for you--they'll probably do a better job of it. Good luck!

sundevil 03-03-2006 07:43 PM

I don't know if they have your color, but I found a touchup "pen" at NAPA Auto Parts for my CRV in Honda colors.

manchild 03-03-2006 08:19 PM

Went to the Honda dealer today and they ordered me the pen in mag pearl. Sales department said it's on them. :)

I guess mag pearl touch up does exist.

Cheers!

manchild 03-10-2006 06:21 PM

So I got the touchup paint but the color says NH684PAH. The color code on the inside of my door says NH684P.

Are these the same color? Thanks.