Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   oil change guys like my HCH (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/oil-change-guys-like-my-hch-5750/)

laurie 02-01-2006 06:37 PM

oil change guys like my HCH

i finally got to my 10,000 mile oil change last week, going to my usual place even though i had to bring my own oil, since they didn't carry it. both of the guys there commented on how neat they thought the car was, and how quiet it ran. when i mentioned the 55 mpg they really were impressed. they told me they will order the 0w20 and keep it in stock from now on. :)

i also had them bump the snow tires from 35 to 40 lbs. when ever i ask hubby, he says it's not good to run that high, so he won't do it. it made an immediate difference in the mileage. can't wait for spring, although the day i had the oil changed, it was so warm that the auto stop starting working again.....

rigger 02-01-2006 09:25 PM

Re: oil change guys like my HCH

Good for you!

Just make sure you tell them not to leave it idling!

laurie 02-02-2006 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by rigger
Good for you!

Just make sure you tell them not to leave it idling!

i could tell from the mileage readout that they had.........dopes

zadscmc 02-02-2006 07:24 AM

Did they have the crush washer? Did they prime the oil filter?

philmcneal 02-02-2006 12:27 PM

I thought the oil change can only be done at Honda's how much do you save by going local?

Hot_Georgia_2004 02-02-2006 03:02 PM

I've heard that one must remove the underside wind panel (For lack of term) to service the oil filter.
Even after I take my car for a dealer oil change I always make sure this panel isn't accidently left off. Just paranoid I guess:confused:

Does anyone do the same?

rigger 02-02-2006 08:15 PM

Priming the oil filter in it is pretty difficult. It's in there sideways (horizontal) and you're not going to get much (if any) oil in there. Not like the cars of old where the filter was vertical or at an angle where you could get a decent amount in there to prime it efficiently.

Ditto on the crush washer, I do have a feeling they didn't replace it. :(

laurie 02-02-2006 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by zadscmc
Did they have the crush washer? Did they prime the oil filter?

i have no idea............ :omg: