Opal Silver Blue Metallic - What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Opal Silver Blue Metallic - What do you think?

Originally Posted by Cityscapex5
the OSBM... color is unique to the HCH so when millions of current generation civics are on the street it will stand out.
So will the Magnetic Pearl, particularly with the really nice dark-blue interior

Really, the mag pearl is THE color IMO.

Old 04-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nbalthaser
i'm a guy and i bought the opal silver blue metallic.

i like the way the color changes depending on the time of day. in the morning and evenings it appears more silver. at high noon, it's more blue. i also like that the opal silver blue is unique to the hybrid. plus, i've owned a lot of silver cars and was just tied of them.

in the end, any color you get is going to be great. the car is fantastic and you won't regret any color. just get one!

cheers,
neil
I just got the Opal Blue color as well. I happen to agree that Magnetic Pearl is the best color; however, in Houston a dark car with dark interiors gets REALLY hot in the summer; I dont look at the car when I drive it and I do prefer the lighter interior.

In any case, I will be using the civic seat cover pads by Wet Okule, so if anyone has any recommendations for the color of the Wet Okule seat covers I am all ears.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yes Mag Pearl is also unique to the HCH but won't stand out as much as OSBM since it is very dark - almost black. I was deciding between Mag Pearl and Alabaster Silver and chose Silver. I was lucky enough to have a dealer with 4 colors in their warehouse. I previously had a silver coupe and wanted anything but silver but my eye kept being drawn back to silver - its a very high quality color on this car and makes the car look very rich. I particularly like the contrasting blue and grey interior on the inside with the exterior color. In the warehouse with overhead lighing i also liked the Mag Pearl but was concerned about the matching blue interior being too dark and monochromatic. The only color i didn't like was the Galaxy Gray - which looked more like a brownish gray.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Enthusiast

My wife and I really liked the opal silver blue, but didn't think it matched very well with the tan interior. We ended up with white, which while safe is rather boring. I tried to get 'Maytag' as a vanity license plate, but it was already taken. Living in the Northwest, with lots of grey atmosphere, my wife wouldn't go for anything 'pavement' color. So galaxy grey, magnetic pearl, and even the silver were out. The only thing left was white.....

Old 04-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The wife's new HCH is OSBM; it was her 2nd choice behind alabaster. 3rd choice was white. Other colors are too dark for this area -- summers are so hot & humid that shaded parking spots are worth their weight in platinum.

If you don't like any of the factory colors, nothing is stopping you from going to Maaco or wherever and having it repainted.

Given the "green" nature of hybrids, I'm surprised no one seems to offer one in some shade thereof.

BTW, the only truly "feminine" color is pink. Unless you're either a pimp or a Mary Kay salesperson, avoid it.