Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Plastic undertray for HCH II? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/plastic-undertray-hch-ii-15645/)

Chris(CA) 10-14-2007 04:44 PM

Plastic undertray for HCH II?

Hey there, I am fairly new to the forum, I did put a post in the new members section when I signed up.

I have a 2006 HCH II that is has a salvage title, the guys that repaired it that I bought it from did a fairly good job of repairing it, but they did not replace the plastic undertray (beneath the engine/transmission). I'd like to get another for various reasons.

My question is, is this a common civic series II part or specific to the hybrid version? and what is the best place to get one? (online or a breakers yard) if anyone knows somewhere good/reasonably priced, I live in northern california.

My first two tanks in the car yielded 47.1 and 52.3mpg which is fairly good.

Thanks!

Harold 10-14-2007 05:38 PM

Re: Plastic undertray for HCH II?

Its specific to the Hybrid. You could try the auto wreckers, but I would go to Honda. But then I'm not sure of the cost. H

pagemap 10-15-2007 04:05 AM

Is this what you are looking for? https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hond...ponent=B++4211

Chris(CA) 10-15-2007 07:02 AM

Thats not quite the one(s) I am missing; isn't there one under the engine at the front? if so mine's missing.

Chris

livvie 10-15-2007 11:57 AM

I think Chris is refereing to the cover that you need to take off in order to drain the oil. It's a 24" by 24" (more or less) plastic cover.

Chris(CA) 10-15-2007 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by livvie (Post 146704)
I think Chris is refereing to the cover that you need to take off in order to drain the oil. It's a 24" by 24" (more or less) plastic cover.

Yup, thats the one, when I did my oil change I thought it was curious as I had nothing there, so I take it this is specific to the hybrid model or am I wrong?

Harold 10-15-2007 04:12 PM

The HCH2 has a large under tray, no openning for just oil change. H

livvie 10-17-2007 09:42 AM

I think it is specific to the hybrid model but I haven't looked under a non-hybrid civic to know for sure.

Chris(CA) 10-17-2007 09:53 AM

Hi folks, I ordered the part, the dealer wanted $78 for the splash guard but I got one online cheaper, I also ordered the mounting hardware and it should arrive today, it will be interesting to see if it affects my FE.

Chris(CA) 10-23-2007 06:51 PM

Got my car done!

So my HCH II was missing the main splash shield under the engine and the one just in front of it that connects to the bumper.

I got the main one done a few days ago and it seemed to bump my average mpg up, my record was 52.3 and I got 52.9 on my last tank, I filled up tonight and put the other splash guard on so my car is back to stock now.
I will see how much of a difference it makes to my mpg now, I suspect only a couple of tenths but it will put me over 53mpg!

;)