Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   what are your complaints about the Honda Civic Hybrid...? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/what-your-complaints-about-honda-civic-hybrid-3078/)

rysa4 08-22-2006 06:12 AM

Re: what are your complaints about the Honda Civic Hybrid...?

Originally Posted by LlamaLarry
Add me to the list of people wondering why no thermometer on this car. Considering that my AC shuts off all the time it would be nice to know how hot it is when I complain. ;)

Loss of window power with the key off is kind of silly too. I have cars from 02 that have had this feature. It's nice to have ~20 mins (on my Suburban) to be able to roll up/down the windows and listen to the radio with the key out.

The 2006 has and does both FYI.

Hot_Georgia_2004 08-22-2006 11:29 AM

What I also don't like the electric locks.
Since I park away from the house in a mosquito area with arms & hands carrying stuff is really inconvenient. Too bad I can't just unlock from the house and go open the door without finding it automatically locked again.

I also think the windows operating only in the engine "run" position is crazy.

I haven't had any mat problems, I always wash them out when I wash the rest of the car. But I also drive barefoot which prevents wear from a shoe heel. The mats on my other cars were wore out from the shoe heel always grinding at the same spot.

zimbop 08-22-2006 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Hot_Georgia_2004
What I also don't like the electric locks.
Since I park away from the house in a mosquito area with arms & hands carrying stuff is really inconvenient. Too bad I can't just unlock from the house and go open the door without finding it automatically locked again.

I also think the windows operating only in the engine "run" position is crazy.

Ditto on both accounts. In general the less thinking the car does the better. If I unlock the doors, I expect to find them unlocked until I lock them again.

birchman2 08-22-2006 10:25 PM

Some of this stuff seems to be done on the 06' model. Maybe Honda actually reads this stuff.

jfrey 11-06-2006 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by fernando_g
My only complaint. if I can call it so, is that the air recirculation button appears to change from internal air to external air by itself....... I notice because in stop-and-go traffic, if one is behind an older vehicle one can smell the fumes.

For some reason, the system turns off the recirc when the blower includes the feet, but you can manually re-force the recirc. If you have the direction knob set to "auto" it will automatically change the blower, without your input. That's probably the setting you have it on if you haven't caught the feet pattern. I just leave it on bi-level (face and feet) and once the recirc is on, it never goes off.

This is my first post; I hope it made sense.
:embarass: