Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Would you buy a coupe version? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/would-you-buy-coupe-version-12396/)

MBNorCal 02-22-2007 12:26 AM

Would you buy a coupe version?

If Honda made the Coupe version of the Hybrid, would you buy it? For some reason I think the coupe looks better.

noflash 02-22-2007 08:50 AM

Re: Would you buy a coupe version?

No.

Wagon or crossover? Most definately.

gumby 02-22-2007 08:50 AM

Yes, I would. The coupe is certainly sportier-looking.
For my (mostly commuting) needs, a coupe would be fine.

JavaJ 02-22-2007 03:28 PM

I wouldn't buy it- but thinking about it- it might make sense if there is a gain in efficiency due to a lighter body. But lets be honest, we are driving Hybrids- and looking sporty is just trying to appeal to our old gas-guzzling days when horesepower mattered.

slowspark01 02-22-2007 08:13 PM

Not any more, especially now that we have kids. I used to like 2-doors and had a 2000 civic HX for a while. I also don't like the relatively large blind spot of the current civic coupes.

IMAhybrid 02-23-2007 08:18 AM

I wouldn't have, when I bought my HCH I was coming from an older Civic sedan, and liked the easy access to the back seats. Plus I think the 7th gen Civic coupes look too long behind the door, although I do like the taillights better. Now, I really don't use the back seats very often, I feel bad sometimes for having more car than I need. I like the front end of the new Civic coupes more than the front of the sedan, but I like the back of the sedans better. What I really wish I had is an Insight.

gumby 02-23-2007 10:27 PM

What I guess I'd prefer is a rear-hatch.
I rarely have anyone in the back seat, and a little more cargo ability (like the Prius) would be handy.

06hch2 02-24-2007 12:35 AM

the non-hybrid civic sedan, as i recall, has same fe as the coupe. coupe looks too small, cramped to me.

brick 02-24-2007 02:24 PM

No, but there's a strong chance I would have bought one if it came as a wagon.