Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Your Favorite Gas? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/your-favorite-gas-6872/)

TheOcean 04-17-2006 12:23 PM

Your Favorite Gas?

Post your favorite gas! Shell, Mobile, Exxon, etc, or any generic? Have you guys noticed any differences between which gas you use, especially in terms of gas mileage?

zimbop 04-17-2006 12:33 PM

Re: Your Favorite Gas?

Bush's country style baked beans. Country style in particular - the sauce is thicker and has that bacon-ey molasses flavor.

Tulip 04-17-2006 12:39 PM

or laughing gas?

brick 04-17-2006 01:55 PM

Non-oxygenated! I.e. no ethanol, no MTBE. That's the best bang for your buck in terms of energy content but it's not available everywhere. Actually, odds are it won't be available anywhere before long.

ralph_dog 04-17-2006 02:21 PM

I think I prefer tetraethyl leaded the best, has a sweeter taste. Unfortunately, some day in the far future some extraterrestrial archeologist will find a thin layer of lead deposits all over the earth and think it was an asteroid or something that killed all the humans when in fact it was the lead in our gasoline that turned us all mad......."buy no-burp-aline, the only gas with bicarbonate of soda......." knuk knuk...;)

Seriously, many a thread has been written on this subject and I think the final verdict was not to waste your money on premium and stick with the top tier companies like shell, mobil, etc that have all "the right stuff" that's good for your engine......

kenny 04-17-2006 02:56 PM

I use only Chevron Regular in California.

kmh3 04-17-2006 03:02 PM

Best regular I can find, Chevron in N. CA.

RichC 04-17-2006 04:32 PM

All I ask is that you consider the Citgo (Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A.) purchase carefully. (see link) YPMV - Your Politics May Vary

TerrierMom 04-17-2006 04:45 PM

Here there's not much choice. Mostly Mobil and Exxon. Or generic. There are a few Shells and Gulfs, and even fewer Sunocos. Lots of Citgos. My car seems to like Mobil more than Exxon.

Archslater 04-18-2006 04:20 AM

Citgo and BP....

BP does a lot of research in sustainable/alternative fuels. They are one of the leading producers of photo voltaic cells...... even powering many of their gas station pumps with solar energy. They also buy less gasoline from the middle east. They seem to have a vision for a world without oil.

Citgo is all South American oil, again less money sent to the middle east.:angel: