Insights

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 08:16 AM
Banned
Default Re: Insights

In the past, I've said that very hilly terrain could be a bad match for an Insight. For instance, I70 just west of Denver - although my Insight did better than my 1988 CRX HF.

While I can think of situations that would be bad for an Insight, in most situations they should do quite well. If you don't do a lot of stop-and-go driving or a lot of hills, the only other thing you need is a good Honda dealer for maintainence. I absoultely will not have a third party work on the engine.

The most frequent rap I've heard from Insight drivers is it only seats two.

Old 11-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Honda …:

___If you are Getshocked.ca, you did not drive that car normally in the least. Should we bring up the thread where you/he was using the Insight as a snowplow? Yes, Honda sucks because you/he beat the living hell out of the car including breaking motor mounts IIRC … Geesshhh

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 11-23-2005, 05:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

You mean when I was stuck in a Canadian snow storm in collingwood with snowdrifts 3 years ago? Where I made the decision to make it home instead of being stranded in the middle of nowhere and had my plastic covering ripped off the bottom of my car? Tell me what that has to do with faulty 02 sensors, repeadedly failing cats, hondas inability to diagnose problems without a light and the list goes on

Broken engine mount? Maybe you should read my site as well, I have hondas internal notes which point to "Engine vibration" as the cause, and since the o2 sensor has been replaced, the engine vibration is gone.

XCEL is a poor case, he has been steaming mad ever since I called him out on his fictious 92 lmpg rating and ficticous 119mpg 100mile trip

You want the facts, vist my site

Last edited by Hondasucks; 11-23-2005 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:03 PM
Banned
Default I Wish This Thread Had Never Existed

Before I saw the latest posts, I wanted to privately say what I will in an open letter to GreenHybrid - there is NOTHING GOOD about this thread - please get rid of it.

It started out by 1-2 members making a rush to judgement against the Insight, then it escalated into personal attacks. This thread does not make anyone involved in the thread or GH look good. Yes, I believe in free speech, but the thread went negative in a bad way. Google and other search engines will save this for posterity.

I nearly got 92mpg on a trip without using all the hypermiling tricks, so I'm going to consider xcel's lifetime milage as authentic.

I have no authority whatsoever, but my suggestion is this thread be removed and we all pretend within reason it never happened.

Old 11-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Honda …:

___You want facts, watch the HBO special on Global Warming on Earth Day in 06. You might just see a team of 5 drivers hit 110.3 mpg over 1,397 miles in a Toyota Prius II. My second 90 mile segment was a paltry 120.6 mpg in case you were interested in looking it up on Toyota’s website. This is just one example compared to the pathetic excuse of FE driving skill you have shown in your Honda Insight … To bad you single handedly destroyed yours as fast as you could dive it off the lot. IC is filled with your past posts on the topic of beating a hybrid to death. Wow, I am going snowboarding in my Insight. With its what, 5” of ground clearance and you went snowboarding with it? What does that say about your higher brain functions anyway?

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 11-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Contributor ($)

Since this thread isn't calming down I am closing it.