Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Insight (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-insight-11/)
-   -   Strange Recal (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-insight-11/strange-recal-4319/)

Delta Flyer 10-26-2005 06:33 AM

Strange Recal

Typically, I know when a recal is going to happen - a period of frequent accelerations, with little time for recovery, computer says battery is too weak - discharge and charge again. Discharge is less than a minute, recharge is about 20 minutes of highway driving.

Last night, all I did was my typical acceleration to take the freeway ramp and about twenty seconds later realized I was in a recal. What is very strange is about five minutes/three miles later, I had a full charge! Not complaining about the recovery, but this is fast! Also, I have been doing a lot of hypermiling - not hard driving.

Any Honda owners have a situation like this?

tbaleno 10-26-2005 06:46 AM

Re: Strange Recal

Did you take the ramp hard?

Delta Flyer 10-26-2005 06:52 AM

I think it was for about 30 seconds and The Assist bar was at least 70%, going from about 30 to 55. Without knowing, the Charge bar was most likely around 70%. Typically getting under 70% is when recals happen.

rigger 10-26-2005 10:00 AM

Think it was someting to do with the weather? I had one happen while it was around 70% the other day. I didn't see it happen as I was watching the road. I saw where the gauge was and when I looked down again I was at about 5%. It didn't recharge that fast though.

HafNHaf 10-26-2005 06:45 PM

thats a normal recal with a "negative recal" at the end. that's usually what i get on mine, but sometimes it takes 20-30 miles while it charges all the way back up. soon to be a thing of the past, when the dealer gets my new parts in stock (battery, MCM, BCM). hopefully, next week.

rigger 10-26-2005 07:53 PM

Just had the SAME recal again tonight. Didn't get a chance to fill the battery back up though as it happend about 2 miles from home. :(

I'm counting the days until my IMA light comes on.