whos getting the insight 2 tomorrow?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Outcast Enthusiast
Default Re: whos getting the insight 2 tomorrow?

Originally Posted by capteeou
Mine will be 2 weeks old Friday April 9th. I love it so far! I'm in the 43-45mpg average right now. I'll know better once I fuel up again. Here are my pictures.
Thanks for the pics. It's always better to see pics from a real owner rather than corporate or car-show pics. Are those factory mats?

FWIW, I bought my house from a LSU Alumni that was returning to teach @LSU.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Enthusiast

Yes they are the all-weather plastic ones. In my previous car a Honda Civic I had the carpet version and I've decided from now on I'm going with all weather because the carpet ones get very grungy after a few years. I wish I had ordered them online. The dealer charged me $138 for them. I could have gotten them from Bernardiparts.com for $75. My dealer marks up the retail price of $99, 38%! I could get after market ones for cheaper but I like the ones that say "Insight" on them. I'm glad to hear the LSU Alumni came back. We need more smart people down here.

Last edited by capteeou; 04-10-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Sales Guru/CarDeal Mentor

Yes they are the all-weather plastic ones. In my previous car a Honda Civic I had the carpet version and I've decided from now on I'm going with all weather because the carpet ones get very grungy after a few years. I wish I had ordered them online. The dealer charged me $138 for them. I could have gotten them from Bernardiparts.com for $75. My dealer marks up the retail price of $99, 38%! I could get after market ones for cheaper but I like the ones that say "Insight" on them. I'm glad to hear the LSU Alumni came back. We need more smart people down here.

Part of that dealer cost on the floor mats was installation...they had to drill holes in the floor to get the Hooks installed that hold the floor mats secure rather than sliding around...(Like on the Honda Fit)

...and although they may not be required, you would not want to try doing that on your own, unless you feel pretty good about drilling holes into to bottom of your car.

So chances are, a good portion of that extra cost was from the Hour or so they charged you for labor to install them.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Enthusiast

I'm glad you mentioned the hooks because they never did that part. In fact I saw them in the glove box in little bags. I guess they decided to not give me the option or something or didn't know about it. I'm going to call on Monday and ask about it.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:16 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: whos getting the insight 2 tomorrow?

Originally Posted by CBondHonda
..they had to drill holes in the floor to get the Hooks installed that hold the floor mats secure rather than sliding around... and although they may not be required, you would not want to try doing that on your own, unless you feel pretty good about drilling holes into to bottom of your car.
The hooks are a safety feature to keep your mats from sliding or bunching up around your pedals, and to keep them looking nice. I have installed these hooks in prior Hondas, and the self-tapping plastic screws go only through the carpet and padding, but NOT through any metal, such as the floorpan of the car. They install in minutes, but I'd still let Honda do it since that should have been caught during your Pre-Delivery Inspection.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:24 AM

I'm glad you mentioned the hooks because they never did that part. In fact I saw them in the glove box in little bags. I guess they decided to not give me the option or something or didn't know about it. I'm going to call on Monday and ask about it.

Totally agree with Steven there...they should (and will) install them...thats part of their job, and cost of the product itself.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Enthusiast

Got one.
The car is nice. Not as nice as the rival from T. but the price difference is in favor of the Honda.
Average: 45mpg (many highway miles!!!!).
When conditions are right, you will get well over 50, even 60 in some cases.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info!

I'm waiting for mine to come in at the dealership and a bit worried that they'll try to add a few thousand to the sticker price because the Insight is "in demand" just now. I remember Toyota did that when I got on their waiting list about 3 or 4 years ago. (I bought a Civic instead.)

Old 04-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Enthusiast

I bought the all weather floor mats for my insight from a different Honda dealership for $79.00 and installed them myself. I didn't have to drill holes in the bottom of mine. It came with instructions on cutting the rug and installing the anchors that hold the mats in place. They only had to be done on the driver side took 5 minutes. I'm about to get the all weather cargo mat.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by davejazz
Thanks for the info!

I'm waiting for mine to come in at the dealership and a bit worried that they'll try to add a few thousand to the sticker price because the Insight is "in demand" just now. I remember Toyota did that when I got on their waiting list about 3 or 4 years ago. (I bought a Civic instead.)

Actually, per a Letter to Honda Dealers....that won't be tolerated....

So if you see a dealer thinking they can charge XXXX.XX over MSRP, 1st buy somewhere else, second - call Honda and let them know.

Quick Reply: whos getting the insight 2 tomorrow?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands