Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

Hybrid tax credits beginning to phase out

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 07:14 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid tax credits beginning to phase out

Originally Posted by MFLetou
Sorry, this type of fairly ignorant post drives me crazy. It is not a "Bush Administration" gaz guzzler tax deduction. It came to pass in the Clinton/Gore Administration, and in fact its been the Bush Administration that's been a strong proponent of hybrid tax credits in the first place--they are located in the National Energy Policy Act, passed in 2005.
Ignorant posts drive me crazy too. What exactly do you think was passed in the Clinton/Gore Administration? The tax credit goes back to 1978 and the tax code had a loophole that automakers took advantage of, since SUV were exempt. Not a Bush thing or a Clinton thing - blame congress if you really want, but I place the fault with the consumer.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

Please visit the EDMUNDS forums and look for a discussion thread entitled 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Important Tax Information.
This thread has links to a CERTIFICATION letter from the IRS to Toyota which certifies that the 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid is a qualifying vehicle according to the IRS. This certification is the required proof that you may need after filing form 8910 to receive your tax credit on your 2007 TCH.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f0d9a94/0

Old 07-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Enthusiast
Default Discounted insurance for Hybrid Car owners

Did you know that Travelers insurance offers a 10% discount on auto insurance to hybrid vehicle owners? Pretty cool! Check out their site: www.hybridtravelers.com, tell them your hybrid story, and register to win a free iPod!

Old 07-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

At the risk of being ostracized (sp?) can you tell me more about the $25,000 credit. My wife and I own a retail furniture store and had to purchase a new delivery truck last year when the old one went DOA (Dead On its Axles). It's an 18 foot closed box delivery truck which we use 100% for business. Does this credit apply to us or is it too much of a work truck and not enough of a status mobile?