Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Hydrogen Vehicles (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hydrogen-vehicles-80/)
-   -   Run your car on H20 (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hydrogen-vehicles-80/run-your-car-h20-17424/)

Billyk 03-15-2008 06:35 AM

Run your car on H20

Featured on the Greenhybrid site: http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...zII39E9DE8YBwY

The is even a photo of former President Jimmy Carter associated with this ad. When is Al Gore going to be featured? Who is going to be the first to "test" this green invention?;)

leoashton 03-15-2008 08:10 PM

Re: Run your car on H20

That is hilarious, you just have to love the talking skirt at the bottom of their website. ;)

giantquesadilla 03-15-2008 09:43 PM

Hahaha. I was JUST going to make a thread about this. I am sick of all these ads for running your car on water. Who would actually believe that, let alone put it in their beloved car?

And eyes, the talking girl is a classy touch. ;)

Chris(CA) 03-15-2008 10:23 PM

God, how many frikkin times do we have to go thu this garbage everytime gas prices go "up", what really pisses me off the most is there are so many of these shysters out there with "over unity generators" and "water powered cars" that if anyone even remotely had a good idea that would help with this problem would be drowned out by the noise of all this crap.

Forums should start giving posters vacations everytime they post crap like this.

Billyk 03-16-2008 03:22 PM

[quote=Chris(CA);165013]

Forums should start giving posters vacations everytime they post crap like this.[/quote]

I posted this thread because it was an ad featured on the Greenhybrid site. The Greenhybrid site should not allow garbage like this. If this site is in need of funding, then we the users should chip in via membership fees.

Chris(CA) 03-16-2008 03:54 PM

[quote=Billyk;165051]

Originally Posted by Chris(CA) (Post 165013)

Forums should start giving posters vacations everytime they post crap like this.[/quote]

I posted this thread because it was an ad featured on the Greenhybrid site. The Greenhybrid site should not allow garbage like this. If this site is in need of funding, then we the users should chip in via membership fees.

Sorry I didn't know the forum was pushing this stuff; if they need some advertising money they should at least sell it to folks not selling snake oil.

giantquesadilla 03-16-2008 08:24 PM

I have had a little experience with google advertising, and I think this is how it works:

GreenHyrbid gets paid by google to advertise. Google's automated system looks for keywords in the website, and matches them to keywords in the ad. Each time you click an ad, the advertiser has to pay google. GreenHybrid does not endorse or directly do business with any of their advertisers.
I remember a while back there were a bunch of ads for the Honda Civic GX. In a little while, they will be no more car running on water ads (At least I hope not). At least I know that they are not making any money off GreenHybrid users.

(feel free to click the link a few more times and make them pay a bit more ;))

bwilson4web 03-16-2008 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla (Post 165071)
. . .

(feel free to click the link a few more times and make them pay a bit more)

Uuuh, I like that! <click> <click> <click>

Bob Wilson

giantquesadilla 03-16-2008 08:40 PM

:D That's what they get for messing w/ GH!

Sungod18 03-17-2008 11:08 AM

Want a hydrogen hybrid car?

Now only $1400! Get your own off ebay today! ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hydro...em150223403530

gumby 03-17-2008 07:30 PM

<click> <click> <click> <click>

This is addictive. You guys should try it :)

giantquesadilla 03-19-2008 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sungod18 (Post 165145)
Want a hydrogen hybrid car?

Now only $1400! Get your own off ebay today! ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hydro...em150223403530

hahaha

FastMover 03-19-2008 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by gumby (Post 165200)
<click> <click> <click> <click>

This is addictive. You guys should try it :)

:P Guesss what! It is really easy to write a screen macro that will do this while you are at lunch. <click> <click> <click> <click> .................

... at least until they add one of those "Type the numbers you see on the screen" thingies.

giantquesadilla 03-19-2008 02:42 PM

Hey it's gone... Now the don't want us to run our cars on water, they want us to... GO RVing!

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...QyCJPCSAlZ5gid

haha

at least it's not a scam

gpsman1 03-21-2008 08:44 AM

You CAN run your current car with Hydrogen or "Browns Gas".

The problem is, it costs MORE to do it, not less.
From one Hydrogen generatorwebsite:

Q: How is it possible that my present engine will power the HYDROGEN GENERATOR and still get such an incredible improvement in gas mileage? Is that against the laws of physics? You can’t get more energy out of something than you put in, right?
ANSWER: Your internal combustion engine's efficiency will be dramatically improved with the introduction of HYDROGEN gas. You see, the engine alternator keeps turning whether or not the engine and battery use all of the electricity it produces. Energy is wasted constantly turning the alternator that is captured to power the HYDROGEN GENERATOR? which, in turn, produces HYDROGEN AND OXYGEN GASES used to improve combustion. The way modern engines work, powering the HYDROGEN GENERATOR is virtually FREE!

Now what is FALSE about the above... ahem... comment.... is:
What happens when you spin your hybrid car's generator to get "regen" to make electricity to charge the battery? Does your car slow down, speed up, or stay the same?

I'm sure you will all agree that regen, getting power via alternator ( your hybrid car has an AC motor really ) slows the car down.

A 12v alternator in a standard car will put extra load on the ICE and actually slow down the standard car also. The alternator is smaller, so the slowing effect is smaller, but it is there.

Also, look at the size of those devices... then look at how much air your car sucks into the intake. Adding 0.05% mass of hydrogen to the air mix is insignificant in my book... and the 'slowing' effect of the amp draw on the alternator is larger.

It is only true that the alternator ( in a regular car ) is spinning whether or not the car's battery or system needs power. If the battery does not need power, the alternator is under no load, and not slowing down the car... just like your hybrid "coasting" and not charging.

Put the load of the hydrogen generator on the alternator, and the alternator will slow down the car. If you could select to do this as a form of regen, like when stopping, or going down hill, and stored the hydrogen for later use, there would at least be some merit to this idea. As is, it is useless. I know you knew this already. So I guess I was really bored and needed something to type today!
;) -John

bwilson4web 03-21-2008 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by gpsman1 (Post 165703)
. . . If you could select to do this as a form of regen, like when stopping, or going down hill, and stored the hydrogen for later use, there would at least be some merit to this idea. . . . So I guess I was really bored and needed something to type today!

Actually you are hitting around an area I'm beginning to investigate. I've been working on NiMH battery refurbishment and one of the lessons learned is how badly these cells suffer during high charge events. Since these seem to be fairly brief and of finite energy, my first thought was to use an ultra-capacitor system but that gets pretty pricey quickly.

The problem is charge is stored in volts in a capacitor versus current in a battery. As the extra current flows, I'd have to store it in the capacitor by a current-to-voltage converter and later, pull it out mitigate some of the high current drains. Unfortunately, even ultra-capacitors run out of energy capacity pretty quickly (see Wiki for energy density.)

I don't like the round-trip losses of electrolysis on demand. The engine will only return 1/3d of the energy used to make the H_{2} gas. However, I have been thinking along the lines of refractory temperature, air-metal batteries for some time.

Using a series setup of ceramic housed cells and air-metal, they could take the extra amps that today just age our batteries and make liquid metal. Then when extra charge is needed, add air and pull the energy back out. If the heat losses can be managed, we might have a good answer for improving regenerative efficiencies as well as extending the life of our NiMH batteries. Now if that metal is aluminum . . . I'd call it "Mr. Fusion" as in:
http://journeyhomeburke.files.wordpr.../mr-fusion.jpg
Drink the beer and use the can!

Of course the other alternative is a bank of batteries working 'in parallel' through the magic of the controller. But splitting off the excess current and returning is becomes another version of the ultra-capacitor problem and quickly becomes expensive.

Bob Wilson

Mark E Smith 03-22-2008 05:58 PM

The unit has an output of 1.0-1.6L per minute!
So If a car burns .22 lbs of liquid fuel per minute and is going 60 mph thats 30 mpg how is 1.6l of gaseous hydrogen(2) with oxygen going to improve mpg by 40%. What is the weight of HHO at standard temp and pressure?