Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   2 hybrid family (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/2-hybrid-family-1626/)

milocat 03-21-2005 12:02 AM

2 hybrid family

I just bought a 2005 Escape hybrid. My husband has been drving a Prius since 2001. We joke about being one of probably 10 couples on the planet who both drive hybrids (and we're probably snooty about it, too. :-)
But I wonder how many multiple-hybrid families are really out there? I hope it's more than I think...

ericbecky 03-21-2005 07:59 AM

milocat,
Congrats on the newest addition to your hybrid family. I'm not sure how many 2 hybrid families there are, but I hope more people considering doing the same. Something I like about GreenHybrid is that you can dicuss both of your hybrids in one place without worrying about getting "off topic".
Thanks for the introduction! Welcome!

hawkGT647 03-21-2005 08:36 AM

Congratulations!

I would think more people that own a Hybrid with two car households would consider buying a second Hybrid.

My wife was very impressed with the test drive in a '05 Prius. We just can't justify getting rid of her Acura TL, at least not yet.

Regards,

Jason 03-21-2005 10:17 AM

Kristi,
Welcome to GreenHybrid :D According to Consumer Reports, you're more likely to find a hybrid owner looking to buy a hybrid than a first-time hybrid customer. Much more. How many people even own Escape Hybrids as of yet?

milocat 03-21-2005 07:20 PM

Thanks Jason. I see that your Prius was a gift from your parents. :thumbs_up
Do either (or both) of them drive hybrids?

Jason 03-21-2005 07:26 PM

Kristi, nope! My father and I are both "gadget geeks" and were fascinated with the technology behind the Prius, but neither of us are really environmentalists or the like. My father has an Acura RL and my mother has a Honda Odyssey. I've told my mom she's gotta get the RX400h, but she says her van isn't old enough yet to replace.

texashchman 03-23-2005 07:04 PM

There is a house across the blvd and down a few houses that started out with one Prius and now I see 2 in the driveway.

gatornail 04-03-2005 07:28 AM

Re: 2 hybrid family

My Husband and I both have hybrids...I started out with an 03 HCH and convinced him last summer to trade his gas guzzling 4WD Ford Escape (non hybrid) in on an 05 Prius -- he loves it. I just traded my HCH for a new Insight (which I wanted when I bought my HCH, but Honda had too good a deal on the financing of the Civic for me to pass up.) Which, In case anyone is interested, it looks like they may be running that deal again, it's 1.9 APR for up to 60 months for those who qualify on any Civic (including the HCH.)

I too hope that there will be more 2 Hybrid families out there soon!

Hot_Georgia_2004 04-03-2005 07:59 AM

Re: 2 hybrid family

My family as well.
We owe abut $15K on the Grand Caravan that's worth around $13 so we need to hold on a little longer.