Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   How to Break in a Hybrid - 06 Mercury Mariner (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/how-break-hybrid-06-mercury-mariner-6698/)

PML 04-06-2006 12:17 PM

How to Break in a Hybrid - 06 Mercury Mariner

Hello - I am new here - just purchased a 06 Mercury Mariner - Preimum with moon roof - will get it in about 8 weeks - have been reading a lot here - some complaints about Ford Escape Hybrids - and am just wondering if any special break in is required - What to look for - or listen for - it is my first Hybrid.

Thanks for any suggestions or comments -

PHIL

Pexring 08-27-2006 01:12 PM

Re: How to Break in a Hybrid - 06 Mercury Mariner

I just got mine 2 days ago. Was looking for an SUV, but thought it would be a cold day in hell before I'd find a 2006 Hybrid left on the lot. And sure enough, there it was. While the dealer was working on approving me for Ford's 0% 6-year no interest loan with no down payment, another lady wanted the Hybrid. She actually waited around the lobby to make sure I would be approved. Once approved, then she left. Then another dealer called and wanted to dealer-trade the Hybrid -- but was too late by then (I doubt the dealer would have traded anyway).

Anyway, back to your question. The owners manual says that you shouldn't pull a trailer for at least 500 miles. It also says you shouldn't drive the first 1000 miles at the same speed. I guess they mean don't buy it, and drive a flat 1000 miles across country. Break it in around home.

An answer to a previous post of mine says that it takes about 3,000 miles or so before you realize the full potential of its mileage.

Mark

occ 08-27-2006 02:03 PM

No 06 MMH anywhere in So.Cal. We got a pre-release 07 by calling around all over the place. Everytime we were in a dealer asking about the MMH, there's someone else there asking for the same thing. So when one came up available (a month ago, we grabbed it -- at sticker).

Pexring 08-27-2006 02:21 PM

There's was no dickering in price with ours either. We dickered a little on the trade-in value of my 99 Explorer, and that was pretty much it.

Mark