Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

I made a huge mistake

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)
Default Re: I made a huge mistake

NoGasMan

Hi and welcome, I'm Lakedude a sometimes MOD over here on GH. I was thinking of moving or merging the original Prius introduction with this one but have decided not to. Since you have a Prius and will be spending more time under the Prius heading it is perfectly OK to introduce yourself in both places.

If anybody wants to see the "original" introduction here is the link:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ad.php?t=11869

Brent I don't know what those frowns are all about. I suspect a simple misunderstanding. Speaking in official moderator voice: Please be friendly to each other. You can use the PM system to work out differences in private. Please also be friendly in private.....

Old 01-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lakedude
NoGasMan

Hi and welcome, I'm Lakedude a sometimes MOD over here on GH. I was thinking of moving or merging the original Prius introduction with this one but have decided not to. Since you have a Prius and will be spending more time under the Prius heading it is perfectly OK to introduce yourself in both places.

If anybody wants to see the "original" introduction here is the link:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ad.php?t=11869

Brent I don't know what those frowns are all about. I suspect a simple misunderstanding. Speaking in official moderator voice: Please be friendly to each other. You can use the PM system to work out differences in private. Please also be friendly in private.....
Understood. Sorry for my outburst. I will respect the rules from here on out. It probably was a simple misunderstanding.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Welcome No Gas Man! Don't worry about the initial confusion- we're just happy to have you! I hope you enjoy the forum, and good luck with your new car. You're going to love it! One thing I remember happening a lot last winter was that people would buy the new hybrid during cold weather and then start out being really disappointed with their fuel efficiency. Hopefully in Atlanta this won't happen to you. Best of luck!

eta: oh, and also, to answer the other question you had- 'What next?' I would say- expect a lot of envy and curiosity from your friends. Read up on it as much as you can because people will be asking you questions. When someone finds out that you have a hybrid, you automatically become an expert- so you might as well be one. I think of us all as kind of hybrid ambassadors- it's like we're honorary spokespeople for the whole technology, and the things we say about it carry authority. I love my car, so it isn't hard for me to be positive, and I read GH, so it isn't hard for me to be informed. The envy ...is kind of nice, actually. I just encourage everyone to consider a hybrid for their next purchase- then they won't have to be jealous of me!

Last edited by leahbeatle; 01-19-2007 at 05:06 PM. Reason: just read your other thread
Old 01-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kraken
Hi Jim, I believe he was referring to posting an introduction under the wrong topic heading (no worries, Manny). This IS a very friendly forum!
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.