Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   New '07 Civic Hybrid - Central CA (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/new-07-civic-hybrid-central-ca-11483/)

gongfudoi 12-17-2006 11:58 AM

New '07 Civic Hybrid - Central CA

Last week I bought a brand new 2007 white Civic Hybrid with Navigation/XM and Lojack with 25 miles on it. I've been using it to commute to work so far and am trying to get used to the way this hybrid works and drive. The Lojack was a standard option from the dealership I bought it from because the city I live in is one of the Top 10 "Most Stolen Cars."

I found this forum and love it! I'm ready to join the hypermiler club. :)

bwilson4web 12-17-2006 04:01 PM

Re: New '07 Civic Hybrid - Central CA

Welcome to the club!

Originally Posted by gongfudoi (Post 103195)
Last week I bought a brand new 2007 white Civic Hybrid with Navigation/XM and Lojack with 25 miles on it. I've been using it to commute to work so far and am trying to get used to the way this hybrid works and drive. The Lojack was a standard option from the dealership I bought it from because the city I live in is one of the Top 10 "Most Stolen Cars."

I found this forum and love it! I'm ready to join the hypermiler club.

You're in for a treat.

Bob Wilson

ag4ever 12-26-2006 08:34 PM

The best thing to do with Lojack, is to NEVER tell anybody your car has it. If a thief knows your car has it, they can have it stripped out of the car before it is even activated. If they don't know it is in there, they might not look for it.

As with most things security, hidden and secret are your best allies.

gongfudoi 12-30-2006 11:46 PM

Thanks for the advice.

ag4ever 01-02-2007 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by gongfudoi (Post 104633)
Thanks for the advice.

No problem, and welcome to the community.

leahbeatle 01-12-2007 11:56 AM

Congrats on the new car, and welcome to GH! I'm sure you're going to love the HCH as much as the rest of us do. It's a fantastic car. If you take the time to look around here and learn what you can, with a little patience you'll be hypermiling in no time. Good luck!

Sipper 01-16-2007 05:38 AM

hello and what is lojack? is it an automatic jack system for a flat tire?

Marmaduke 01-16-2007 08:59 AM

um no, lojack is a vehicle theft detterant. I would strongly advise use of Lojack, a car alarm, and the Club. I strongly believe that Hybrids will be on the top of all car theives lists soon due to thier rapidly growing popularity.

Sipper 01-16-2007 09:07 AM

oh can i buy it at walmart? talking about walmart they have a really cool krome exhaust tip i am thinking of buying. do you use glue or something to hold them on?

Marmaduke 01-16-2007 10:28 AM

I gotta believe that glue would melt, but maybe there is some new space age glue that everyone is using??