Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   New '07 HCH owner (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/new-07-hch-owner-11592/)

owlmaster08 02-11-2007 06:46 PM

Re: New '07 HCH owner

Originally Posted by leahbeatle (Post 111034)
Yeah, Batavia is 'where Fermilab is' in a sense. They picked Batavia as their postal address, but really the whole thing is fairly random.

Well, that is what I meant, pretty much. If some random person would ask me where, in general, Fermilab is, I would say Batavia, IL. Technically you are right though. I would agree that the area is a good area. You could always go west and find more rural area, or go east and find more built up areas. Here on the East Coast it seems it is built up everywhere. Once I finish my schooling I am out of here!

leahbeatle 02-12-2007 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by owlmaster08 (Post 111613)
Well, that is what I meant, pretty much. If some random person would ask me where, in general, Fermilab is, I would say Batavia, IL. Technically you are right though. I would agree that the area is a good area. You could always go west and find more rural area, or go east and find more built up areas. Here on the East Coast it seems it is built up everywhere. Once I finish my schooling I am out of here!

I can understand wanting to get out of there- the East coast is a nice place to visit but I'm not sure about living there. Depends on your personal preference though - but maybe not so much, for you. Didn't you say you're in the Naval Academy? I know that people in the Navy generally move constantly- but they also probably don't have a lot of control over where they go. Isn't that right? So you may or may not be 'out of there!' The East Coast must be one of the places in the US that ends up having a lot of Navy presence. How much control do they give you over something like that?

owlmaster08 02-12-2007 03:39 PM

Yeah, I'm at USNA for another 2 and a half semesters. I plan on service selecting submarines, so that limits quite a bit where I will end up. There aren't that many submarine bases. I get to put in preferences which are followed to some degree, but in the end the Navy does what it wants. I will probably stay on the East Coast, either Virginia, Georgia, or Conneticut are some choices. As much as I dislike the East Coast, it is closer to "home." California does have nice weather though...(and hybrid HOV passes? j/k)