Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   New Camry Hybrid Owner (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/new-camry-hybrid-owner-12280/)

07CamHybrid 02-12-2007 07:19 PM

New Camry Hybrid Owner

As the title says, I just signed up for a new Camry Hybrid. It should be in by the end of the week! My 1998 Camry is heading out to pasture... or into the dealer's used car lot...

Blue Ribbon Metallic w/ ash interior
Moonroof, Heated Mirrors, Side Moldings, and carpet mats.

Via Ebay: Mudguards and all-season mats

I just fell in love with the car after I test drove it the first time. It's beautiful inside and out... especially with it's blue ribbon paint job.

Plus, I really liked the safety features that came standard- 7 airbags and the traction control/VSC system really held the car in place when I test drove it in the snow.

I look forward to being an active member around these parts... that is, if you'll have me :-)

bwilson4web 02-12-2007 08:46 PM

Re: New Camry Hybrid Owner

Welcome to the CLUB!

Originally Posted by 07CamHybrid (Post 111744)
As the title says, I just signed up for a new Camry Hybrid. It should be in by the end of the week! My 1998 Camry is heading out to pasture... or into the dealer's used car lot...

Blue Ribbon Metallic w/ ash interior
Moonroof, Heated Mirrors, Side Moldings, and carpet mats.

Via Ebay: Mudguards and all-season mats

I just fell in love with the car after I test drove it the first time. It's beautiful inside and out... especially with it's blue ribbon paint job.

Plus, I really liked the safety features that came standard- 7 airbags and the traction control/VSC system really held the car in place when I test drove it in the snow.

I look forward to being an active member around these parts... that is, if you'll have me :-)

Over the Martin Luther King weekend, a group of us visited the Toyota plant in Georgetown KY where they make them. It really is a great tour and they make hybrid Camrys there.

There is a good chance we'll do another tour sometime in the fall.

Bob Wilson

leahbeatle 02-21-2007 05:15 PM

Oh, we'll have you, all right. Welcome! I hope you enjoy the forum! GH is a pretty interesting and very active community- we have our regulars and our lurkers, but every new voice adds to the discourse.

There's quite a large contingent here from Milwaukee, as you will probably find. We Chicago-area people sometimes get visits from them; they're definitely better organized than we are, so if you're interested in gathering with other hybrid-owners, keep your eyes on the threads for opportunities! I'm sure ericbecky will be telling us about HybridFest again soon- which is not far from your neck of the woods. So keep a lookout!

Best wishes. :)

07CamHybrid 02-21-2007 07:59 PM

Thanks!

I used to have a 98 Camry LE, and frequented ToyotaNation, and that's how I found my way here.

Now It looks like I'm going to be an active member on both sites :-)

A hybrid meet sounds interesting... I will keep a lookout.