Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   New Highlander Hybrid Owner (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/new-highlander-hybrid-owner-6962/)

jajohnson 04-22-2006 04:41 PM

New Highlander Hybrid Owner

Just took delivery of my new Highlander Hybrid and filled up after 200 miles. 30 MPG makes me glad I bought it, especially with gas going above $3.00. Looking forward to learning all of the tricks to maximaze efficiency.

Pravus Prime 04-22-2006 07:53 PM

Re: New Highlander Hybrid Owner

Hello, and welcome to GH.

Feel free to look around, post questions, and make use of the boards. As I recall, if you do some digging, someone wrote a basic FAQ for better MPGs for the HiHy, which may be of use to you.

Most importantly, enjoy!

toast64 04-22-2006 09:15 PM

Congratulations. I hear it's a great vehicle. And welcome!

JeffGo 07-29-2006 10:51 PM

I bought mine today. 4WD limited w/NAV. I was a bit wary because of CR's negative MPG rating. But I am already learning how to "play the video game" and if the average MPG is any indication, I'm doing well. Way better than my old MDX (w/extra sticky tires), maybe 50% for the same trip.

So, I haven't seen anyone provide a solution to the **** beeping every time you press a button. It is so loud. ANYONE? PLEASE?

BTW, yesterday we bought my wife a Prius to replace her CR-V (coming off lease).

chuck960 10-10-2006 06:03 PM

Where are all the Highlander owners?

Mine is 9 months old now and all is well. I love the acceleration and I don't miss the head jerking gearshifts like my BMW 540I produces.
I have a barely noticable wheel vibration @ 40 mph but the service department thinks I'm crazy and rebalanced my wheels twice so I didn't push ithe issue. I get 22mpg pulling a 1000 lb. pop-up camper and thats better then my Rodeo pulling itself. (17 highway) Both vehicles being about the same size and weight and engine output.
Chuck