Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   Newbie from the Pacific North West (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/newbie-pacific-north-west-8279/)

Jadedx1FastLude 06-30-2006 12:02 AM

Newbie from the Pacific North West

I'm a newbie from about 30 minutes north of Seattle.

I drive a 1992 red Geo Metro LSi convertbible, 1 owner, with 159k miles on it. We bought it May 1st, 1992. When I was in high school I averaged 26-28 mpg because I drove for such a short distance that the engine didn't get fully warmed up. When I started I college I raised my average mpg about 10+mpg because it is now a 10 mile drive to school.

I own and drive a 2003 Sapphire Blue Pearl Honda Accord coupe EX V6 6MT with Navigation. I'm averaging 28+mpg.

I'm doing pretty well, gained twice the cylinders, one gear, 3 times the displacement, and almost 5 times the power, and I'm only getting about 10 or less mpg with the Accord vs the Metro.

bwilson4web 06-30-2006 08:53 AM

Re: Newbie from the Pacific North West

Welcome,

Originally Posted by Jadedx1FastLude
I'm a newbie from about 30 minutes north of Seattle.

I drive a 1992 red Geo Metro LSi convertbible, 1 owner, with 159k miles on it. We bought it May 1st, 1992. When I was in high school I averaged 26-28 mpg because I drove for such a short distance that the engine didn't get fully warmed up. When I started I college I raised my average mpg about 10+mpg because it is now a 10 mile drive to school.

I own and drive a 2003 Sapphire Blue Pearl Honda Accord coupe EX V6 6MT with Navigation. I'm averaging 28+mpg.

I'm doing pretty well, gained twice the cylinders, one gear, 3 times the displacement, and almost 5 times the power, and I'm only getting about 10 or less mpg with the Accord vs the Metro.

Is the Accord a hybrid??

The GEO Metro reminds me of one I rented many years ago. I felt like I was in a small cabin between a pair of modest sized, motorcycles . . . an expanded sidecar between two motorcycles. I honestly felt I'd have enjoyed the ride better if we could have cut-off the roof, jacked the seats up about a foot and wore helmets and goggles.

Bob Wilson

KermitCar 06-30-2006 12:13 PM

welcome, i too live about 30 min north of seattle, are you enjoying the nice hot sun?

Jadedx1FastLude 06-30-2006 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Welcome,
Is the Accord a hybrid??

The GEO Metro reminds me of one I rented many years ago. I felt like I was in a small cabin between a pair of modest sized, motorcycles . . . an expanded sidecar between two motorcycles. I honestly felt I'd have enjoyed the ride better if we could have cut-off the roof, jacked the seats up about a foot and wore helmets and goggles.

Bob Wilson

Nope, it's the coupe. But it's the V6 6 speed manual, so I get to shift around 2k rpms if I like. The Accord is not a Hybrid. The Hybrid Accord first came out in 2005, only available as a sedan with a 5AT.

The Metro doesn't have a roof, well, it does, but it's a soft top. It doesn't really look like a Metro, since it actually has a trunk.