Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

$4 gasoline is coming

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: $4 gasoline is coming

That makes sense...Some friends try to jump on my back for not supporting "American" companies. I think Honda and Toyota are helping the US out a lot better than the Big 3 are. I'm seeing the Big 3 as a parasite, or maybe a giant lead weight. Maybe a blood sucking lead weight?

The next "American" car I will consider will be one of Tesla's, once they come out with their lower end models. It might be another 10+ years but that's ok I guess.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by owlmaster08
That makes sense...Some friends try to jump on my back for not supporting "American" companies. I think Honda and Toyota are helping the US out a lot better than the Big 3 are. I'm seeing the Big 3 as a parasite, or maybe a giant lead weight. Maybe a blood sucking lead weight?
How about "traitorous lead weight?"

The Big Three know what global warming/climate change is, and they are fully aware of our overdependence on foreign oil, especially since the lion's share of the world's reserves are in the Persian Gulf region.

So they of course push large gas-guzzling pickup trucks and SUVs for the sole reason of lining their pockets.

Harry

Old 05-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I don't think they push anything that the buyer doesn't want. It was the american buyer that demanded SUVs and the big 3 were happy to supply. But they missed the demand of other buyers which is why they are where they are.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Enthusiast

Unfortunately car salesmen are aware of the prices of gas going up, so the prices of hybrids are also going up. Before you jump to buy a hybrid at the highest prices due to gas price speculations and premium prices set by car vendors, I recommend that you wait until the summer is over. Once the summer is over, the demand should drop significantly, allowing you to negotiate a better hybrid vehicle price.
Just a thought…

Old 05-17-2007, 04:37 PM
occ

Originally Posted by owlmaster08
The next "American" car I will consider will be one of Tesla's, once they come out with their lower end models. It might be another 10+ years but that's ok I guess.
You may not have to wait long...if their roadster proves to be as popular as it seems (every time I read about Testla Roadster, I keep seeing the pre-sale numbers go up!) then their sedan (development center opened and Whitestar in the works) will take off as well, and sooner than later. Tesla knows that the time is right for EVs, and there are more than a few others, Malcom Brikman, Miles Automotive, Pheonix, etc just to name a few, are targeting for 2009-2010 showrooms. There are competition already, and Tesla wont be dumb enough to slow down their schedules for the others to catchup, if they can help it.

Old 05-20-2007, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by livvie
I don't think they push anything that the buyer doesn't want. It was the american buyer that demanded SUVs and the big 3 were happy to supply. But they missed the demand of other buyers which is why they are where they are.
Sorry, but I work in advertising.

The American public wants what we tell them to want.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by blinkard

Tell them they want to drive fuel efficient cars! All of us are counting on you!!!

Old 05-21-2007, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by blinkard

BINGO!

Harry

Old 05-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I see so if Marketing is so powerful and the public so stupid because they can't think for themselves, why are the big 3 in trouble? Can't the marketing department work their charm on SUVs over and over again?

Didn't think so.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:10 PM

No, they can't. And the idiots never put a "Plan B" in place, for when people tired of gas hogs.

Harry

Quick Reply: $4 gasoline is coming

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands