Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.
View Poll Results: If You Work For Ford (or Whatever) Should They Require You To Drive One?
Yes, it's my livelihood
18.18%
No, I have the Right to Choose
81.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

If You Work For Ford (or Whatever) Should They Require You To Drive One?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 02:16 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: If You Work For Ford (or Whatever) Should They Require You To Drive One?

Require certainly not but good employees discounts can help…

Old 01-30-2006, 02:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: If You Work For Ford (or Whatever) Should They Require You To Drive One?

Delta Flyer- I don't know of a particular famous case involving packaging or a lawsuit that resulted from some product not having enough packaging. If I were to guess, I'd say that the effect you're noticing has to do with people returning things that were broken when they opened them, or stores having trouble moving products off the shelves because people could see through the plastic that it was broken in transit. With everyone expecting next-day shipping and less tolerance for waiting for products (and the short shelf life of hot fads), I can imagine that shipping is becoming more destructive of products in transit and that this has led to increasingly sturdy (and therefore hard to open) packaging. That's just my guess regarding a cost-benefit analysis that random companies might do, assuming that the packages themselves aren't getting significantly more expensive. The easy-open packages might also lend themselves to shoplifting.

Pravus Prime- the name Rouge River rings a bell, so I'm sure you're right. Still, there were a surprising number of cars in those lots that weren't Fords. I would think that the incentives for the people who work there aren't that different from the incentives for other Ford employees when it comes to buying company cars, so it's a little hard to understand.