Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Journalism & The Media (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/journalism-media-33/)
-   -   Review - No Hybrid! (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/journalism-media-33/review-no-hybrid-1857/)

Jason 04-10-2005 09:16 AM

Review - No Hybrid!

Hybrids are Evil.
You heard it here first, and here's why: they cost more money, don't deliver an equal value for all that cash and will keep the filthy little foreign oil rats in business for another 30 years. Hybrids do nothing well but everything okay. That makes about as much sense as diet soda, fat-free ice cream or low-tar cigarettes.

Conservation. Hah - go build a better engine. Less dependence on foreign oil. Yeah - like a heroin junkie can do just a little bit of smack at a time.

If you are seriously considering a hybrid vehicle, wake up and turn off the television. And by the way - if you really want to save a tree -- go ride a bike to work or take a train. Hybrid technology is just a ploy to extend the consumer life of the internal combustion engine and - here's the headline - get us to pay more for less.
- http://www.autosite.com/content/shar...cle_id_int/366

AZCivic 04-10-2005 10:55 AM

Re: Review - No Hybrid!

The article is pure fiction. A few bullet points in he claims that electric motors and NIMH batteries generate polution even though electric motors don't do anything and NIMH batteries are non-toxic and easily recycled into fresh new NIMH batteries after they've expired. Basically it's just a made up little story from someone who doesn't understand the issue.

EricGo 04-10-2005 11:01 AM

Amusing drivel

Oddly though, I have a good friend who is a certified, card carrying Democrat with a bent towards believing conspiracy theories who thinks that conserving fuel just allows higher prices -- the same argument this article espouses. And who is all for the environment, if no money comes out of pocket, and ABSOLUTELY NO sacrifice in convenience or slovenly lifestyle is required.

There are an awful lot of people who have convinced themselves that this makes for a stronger, healthier country. Luckily for them, they already have excuses lined up to explain failure.

Jason 04-10-2005 11:03 AM

Conserving fuel allows higher prices? I think he must be confused about the basic principles of economics. Perhaps if the supply was conserved, this would be the case. But, we're lowering demand. That will decrease prices.

tbaleno 04-10-2005 11:14 AM

It doesn't mater to me. I don't care if they burn down a rainforest to get me to work. My reason for buyin a hybrid is I am too lazy to fill up my tank every week.

Hot_Georgia_2004 04-10-2005 01:47 PM

Wow!
Reading that whole article was just......well I have a lack of words.

Do the folks here know that Prius can only get 48MPG at best....and you'll have cars honking behind you to do it? :angry:

I'll have to collect myself before sending a letter to their editor at this link:

Editor@autobytel.com

texashchman 04-10-2005 04:21 PM

I wonder if this guy works for GM?...lol

EricGo 04-10-2005 06:24 PM

I imagine the author also smokes to save healthcare dollars, and incurs ever increasing credit card debt to support the economy.

It is amazing, and sometimes amusing, to see to what lengths people will delude themselves to square with idiotic behavior.

peggy 04-10-2005 06:32 PM

Wow! All I can add is "What a TURD!"

EricGo 04-11-2005 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by tbaleno
It doesn't mater to me. I don't care if they burn down a rainforest to get me to work. My reason for buyin a hybrid is I am too lazy to fill up my tank every week.

Better stay at work, as long as you are able.

Your house was just burned down, for the fuel.

Your understanding is appreciated.