Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Journalism & The Media (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/journalism-media-33/)
-   -   Scientists: Earth Hottest in 400 Years - Maybe Several Thousands (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/journalism-media-33/scientists-earth-hottest-400-years-maybe-several-thousands-8122/)

Delta Flyer 06-22-2006 10:08 AM

Scientists: Earth Hottest in 400 Years - Maybe Several Thousands

Scientists say the Earth is the warmest in at least 400 years, maybe several thousand. So warm that some say Al Gore's stiff personality has thawed out. :D

MSNBC Story

CNN Story

birchman2 06-22-2006 02:01 PM

Re: Scientists: Earth Hottest in 400 Years - Maybe Several Thousands

Yeah I just read this also: http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/200...=home&SEC=news

lakedude 06-22-2006 04:12 PM

Al Gore has a personality?

Delta Flyer 06-22-2006 05:01 PM

This was a suggested theme song of An Inconvienent Truth. :P

Aussie 06-22-2006 05:11 PM

Hey Delta Flyer.

Do you always have to have that quote at the bottom of every post?

We get the idea.

Is that really a photo of you or just someone you snapped escaping from the local asylum?

nbalthaser 06-22-2006 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Aussie

Is that really a photo of you or just someone you snapped escaping from the local asylum?

that's enzyte bob!! the happiest guy on earth! why? because he's a hard working man. he's up for stiff competition and he knows his wood from his nine iron!

Delta Flyer 06-22-2006 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by nbalthaser
that's enzyte bob!! the happiest guy on earth! why? because he's a hard working man. he's up for stiff competition and he knows his wood from his nine iron!

In America, there is this over-the-top herbal male enhancement commercial featuring "Smiling Bob". What it so hillarious about the Enzyte commercials is everything goes his way when using the product, such as having a better golf game than vintage Tiger Woods, and the grin in my avitar. I intentionally misspelled "Insight" - "Enzyte" since too many Americans think:
  • Hummer = male enhancement
  • Insight = castration

worthywads 06-22-2006 08:06 PM

From the sited report.

"In their report, the panel said it had less confidence in the evidence of temperatures before 1600, but still found it “plausible” that temperatures during the last few decades of the 20th century were warmer “than during any comparable period over the preceding millennium.”"

Plausible? Sounds like they are saying they aren't confident that 400 years ago the temperature could have been warmer than 2005. I see what they are saying from the graph. Before 1600 the gray area sure looks like the proxy data could be subject to interpretation.:omg: Who are these deniers. ;)

Delta Flyer 06-22-2006 08:09 PM

Meterology is only about 150 years old, so records older than that are from Nature, not human documents. It's possible that diaries exist in the Middle Ages that record when there was snow in Scotland, etc....

blinkard 06-23-2006 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
In America, there is this over-the-top herbal male enhancement commercial featuring "Smiling Bob".

And Bob's wife is the stereotypical 50's suburban housewife, but always grinning from ear to ear, and I think, "Don't give me that matronly smile, you sex fiend!"