Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Journalism & The Media (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/journalism-media-33/)
-   -   Should you buy used (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/journalism-media-33/should-you-buy-used-16850/)

willie' 01-22-2008 05:40 AM

Should you buy used

Just passing along this story,

Should you buy a used Hybrid?

bwilson4web 01-22-2008 06:43 AM

Re: Should you buy used

Originally Posted by willie' (Post 159213)
Just passing along this story,

Should you buy a used Hybrid?

No problem. As for the report, it was interesting until they cited "Consumer Affairs." The next 'page' cites "Consumer Reports" but "Consumer Affairs" is a notorious, hybrid skeptic, shill. The other problem is the prejudice view that we're all green, "If, however, you're determined to have a "greener" car . . . and let [rjw] others know you care about the environment . . ."

Yesterday the guy who does our lawn came over while I was working on my Prius and started talking about his opinions about global warming. I told him, "You know, I just believe that gas is $3/gallon and will soon enough be at $4/gallon. I'm concerned about the green in my wallet." Then we had a great discussion that eventually wandered to my muzzle loader targets and local hunting options. He is getting about 17 MPG and I talked about the Ford Escape and some of the used ones that should be coming on the market.

I wanted to talk about the Tahoe/Yukon but with only 10,000 in the first year and a starting price over $50,000, this was not really something in his price range.

Bob Wilson

runnermaniac 01-22-2008 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by bwilson4web (Post 159219)
I told him, "You know, I just believe that gas is $3/gallon and will soon enough be at $4/gallon. I'm concerned about the green in my wallet."

that was the biggest "green" factor in my decision... of course, it can't hurt the other green, can it? :shade: :P

willie' 01-22-2008 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by bwilson4web (Post 159219)
No problem. As for the report, it was interesting until they cited "Consumer Affairs." The next 'page' cites "Consumer Reports" but "Consumer Affairs" is a notorious, hybrid skeptic, shill. The other problem is the prejudice view that we're all green, "If, however, you're determined to have a "greener" car . . . and let [rjw] others know you care about the environment . . ."

One thing I learned, just because they are in a hybrid doesn't mean they are a green zombie. So don't ***_um_e they are, find out for myself instead of judging. :)

Seems I am bumping into Hybrid owners of all types and reasons. Which is good for the Hybrid market as a whole.

gumby 01-22-2008 06:04 PM

Absolutely. I'm a little green, but not overly.
But I'm very green about my wallet.
And passionate about sending less money terrorists' way.

Mark E Smith 01-25-2008 02:30 PM

muzzle loader targets
O yea! 1853 pattern Enfield 80 gr of FF, 530 gr old style mini , 600 yard buffalo steel target , clang first shot priceless.