Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Will the battery in my hybrid keep going?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Will the battery in my hybrid keep going?

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Before I call it a night, set up your own forum and prove you have (or will have) legions supporting your point of view. Put up or shut up.

Good night

Did you read what I wrote?? My Point of view is directly related to my experience. that batteries will fail, And since your batteries have failed, REGARDLESS of the reasons why you would fall into the category of supporting my experience. Once again, my website provides my "Personal experience" One of which outlining battery failure and I am "Putting up" with all these personal attacks so their is no need to shut up

Old 03-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

Oh let HONDASUCKs keep venting. If the internet had been around in 1975 I would have a site BUICKSUCKs and I would rant about my Buick Apollo (anyone remember that car?) You have a problem with A car and A dealer and you are frustrated. Venting helps. We love our Hondas and many of us have owned numerous cars without any problems. But it does happen. I dont see enough CIVIC hybrid owners upset enough with their HCH I cars to have a web site but there may be. I will still take my chances with the reliabiity of Japanese cars (Honda and Subaru currently) after my experiences with American and Swedish cars over the years.

Old 03-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Banned

....I'm just waiting for him to get his anti-hybrid site up with plenty of people chiming in with him. If he is so certain of this, he will start a forum - else it's just hot air.

Nothing personal - just an observation.

Old 03-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
....I'm just waiting for him to get his anti-hybrid site up with plenty of people chiming in with him. If he is so certain of this, he will start a forum - else it's just hot air.

Nothing personal - just an observation.
GH and IC are quiet adequate at what they do Can't you form a logical argument against me instead of trying to antagonize? Heck im only a 22 y.o. college student. Im hardly worth loosing any sleep over, since you did say "goodnight" over an hour ago

Old 03-15-2006, 05:44 AM
Hybrid True Believer

My HCH-I has *almost* 100k miles on it now, and I haven't noticed any decrease in performance. The only maintenance issue has been on a non-hybrid part: the catalytic converter. It's blown twice. Honda paid for the repair both times, however.

Old 03-15-2006, 06:12 AM
Hybrid True Believer

Yeah... In the mid-80's, I would have created www.pontiacsucks.com if the Internet had existed then. I can't blame HS for being pissed off about a car that obviously performed like a beta-test instead of like a finished product.

What would be on my PontiacSucks website?
-- Fiero GT: Blows fuses a lot, and if you turn the car off there is about a 1:8 chance that it won't start back up (dad got a lot of use out of his AAA membership!)
-- Grand AM: It blew an alternator every 20-30k miles.
-- Grand Prix: It ate a set of brakes every 15k. The breaks also had the nasty habit of just *not stopping the car*. About 1:10 times, dad or I would be driving, hit the breaks to slow down, and find that the pedal was "frozen". The work-around was to immediately lift up on the brake and slam it down again - hard!

Not a single one of dad's 3 Pontiacs lasted more than 75k miles. I'm glad it wasn't MY money!

Old 03-15-2006, 06:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

That teaches you to never buy a car with "grand" in the name (you always seem to find Grand Voyager in the CR worst pick used car list) .

Old 03-15-2006, 07:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AshenGrey
My HCH-I has *almost* 100k miles on it now, and I haven't noticed any decrease in performance. So I guess that the batteries are still in pretty good shape.

The only maintenance issue has been on a non-hybrid part: the catalytic converter. It's blown twice. Honda paid for the repair both times, however.

Have you had your 02 sensors manually tested? I am now on Cat #3 with the insight, and it turns out my 02 sensor was stuck in leanburn causing the car to constantly run rich (Reason for low MPG and cat not lasting) I had it manually tested at a ind. mechanic. Might be something worth considering incase it fails again outside of warrenty

Old 03-15-2006, 01:38 PM
My Wife's car but my toy!

I'm glad I went for the Prius over the HCH. It was close. I don't have a problem with Honda Sucks opinions. I think some of you that opposing him have very out spoken views on other topics. Give him his due. I believe he has truely had a bad experience and this is where ALL hybrid experiences should be shared. He is not just dumping without providing technical details that we can benifit from. It is of value to all prospective buyers and current owners to hear the good and bad experiences. I'm planning to have my 06 Prius for it's lifetime. But if one day we start seeing posts about the 04 or 05 Prius batts going bad I just might make a trade before my goes too.

Old 03-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Off Topic:
Let's stay civil, polite, and respectful. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, even if they're wrong.

Let's stay on topic.

I think battery life is based on what it's always been based on. Technology and use.

The newer the battery, the "better" the use, the longer it will last.

Quick Reply: Will the battery in my hybrid keep going?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands