Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Lexus GS 450h (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/lexus-gs-450h-48/)
-   -   Dying to know: any AUX/iPod interface? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/lexus-gs-450h-48/dying-know-any-aux-ipod-interface-12283/)

Argelius 02-13-2007 04:21 AM

Dying to know: any AUX/iPod interface?

Sorry to plant this unhybridish question here, but can anyone confirm for me that the GSh has no AUX or iPod input? I've been lurking around here (and elsewhere) as I decide too make the leap to getting the GSh (havent visited the dealer yet). It would seem there is no such audio capability in this $60K car (which is totally insane if true -- it has a cassette player and no AUX??)

I'm assuming since I can't find specific mention of it at Lexus.com, there isn't one.

Thanks.

stevenvillatoro 02-19-2007 03:40 AM

Re: Dying to know: any AUX/iPod interface?

Even now, several months after learning that the GS has no iPod input, I am still shaking my head in disbelief. Alas, no real-time traffic NAV yet, either.

There are aftermarket solutions to the iPod issue. But who wants to screw around with their new $60K car? It's a dark day in Lexus' history.

Argelius 02-19-2007 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro (Post 112450)
Even now, several months after learning that the GS has no iPod input, I am still shaking my head in disbelief. Alas, no real-time traffic NAV yet, either.

There are aftermarket solutions to the iPod issue. But who wants to screw around with their new $60K car? It's a dark day in Lexus' history.

I fear I've just lost my proverbial erection over this car now. I went to the Chicago AutoShow yesterday and checked out the other Lexus sedans: the LS, IS , and ES all have an AUX input. I threw out my cassette tapes long ago, so that's sort of useless.

I'm guessing that the GS must be due for a dash overhaul. Maybe for '08? Think I'll visit a dealer today to take a drive and ask some questions...

stevenvillatoro 02-21-2007 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Argelius (Post 112460)
Think I'll visit a dealer today to take a drive and ask some questions...

Lots of good new stuff coming from Lexus soon. IS-F, IS-coupe, IS-hardtop convertible, new SC redesign, LS600h, LF-A... (head spinning). Which to drive first?

centrider 03-15-2007 10:32 PM

This sort of thing occured on the Prius. The '05 doesn't, apparently have the AUX, but the '06 does.

You know, of course, you can use the tape-like device which will connect your iPod very well. I used it for a couple of years until I got my Prius.

GotIng 12-16-2007 06:35 PM

2007 GS450h does have an AUX input. I know this post is old. no real time traffiq.

jackrealtor 09-11-2016 10:55 AM

Old post I realize but WHERE is the 2007 Aux input? I don't see/find one on my GS450h