I can't believe I do not have fog lights.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 05:09 AM
Enthusiast
Default I can't believe I do not have fog lights.

Hey everyone,

I got the vehicle last night, love it by the way. My LG EnV sync'ed quite easily, not sure how to download the phonebook. The xm was activated without too much of a sales pitch. I have the tech package, with leather, power everything, nav, splash guards, floor mats, kick plates, wind deflector and no fog lights? What's the deal? did they screw up my car and it was supposed to be on there? I was verbally told they were and when I called my salesman at home last night after sitting in the car and going through all of the controls I realized no switch on the stalk for the fogs. Please let me know if any of you have them?

thanx
Larry

Old 04-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: I can't believe I do not have fog lights.

Verbally.

Are they not listed on the window sticker? Any promise, and I mean ANY promise made by the salesman needs to be in writing.

I tried to do the "build and price" thing on the Nissan website and didn't seem to find fog lights as part of any package or available as a separate option, but I didn't patiently step through it. But are you sure they're really an available option?

Fog lights do seem to be an option for the NON-Hybrid Altimas (2.5S, 3.5SE, 2.5S with 2.5SL package.)

Last edited by AlaricD; 04-12-2007 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Found more info on availability of fog lights.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lights
Hey everyone,

I got the vehicle last night, love it by the way. My LG EnV sync'ed quite easily, not sure how to download the phonebook. The xm was activated without too much of a sales pitch. I have the tech package, with leather, power everything, nav, splash guards, floor mats, kick plates, wind deflector and no fog lights? What's the deal? did they screw up my car and it was supposed to be on there? I was verbally told they were and when I called my salesman at home last night after sitting in the car and going through all of the controls I realized no switch on the stalk for the fogs. Please let me know if any of you have them?

thanx
Larry

Ok, dumb question... can you visually see the fogs on the exterior? You mention no switch on the stalk but are the fog lights physically there?

Old 05-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Enthusiast

I have the tech package, and no fog lights. I see where they would go, but I dont have them.

BTW does the bluetooth work well for you. My reception is terrible when using it, I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong

Old 05-04-2007, 04:44 AM
Enthusiast

Hello All,

I realized after the fact that the hybrid does not come with fog lights. My dealer told me he thinks it will be available soon. I mentioned that the stalk control is different and he advised me that they would change that also, so I guess I will just have to wait.

As far as the bluetooth, I am thrilled with it. I have no problem with the sound. My phone does not download the phonebook, which I was dissapointed in, but I think the phonebook only holds 50 numbers and I have appx 300 on my phone. I am currently using the LG VX9900 (EnV). There are controls for incoming volume and outgoing volume, that may be your problem. There is also a list on nissan.com for compatible phones. Hope that helps.

Lights

Old 05-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Enthusiast

yeah it sucks that the hybrid model dont have Fog light options. I wonder if we can have after market fog lights install, and if we can how difficult or expensive will it be.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Odd - the owner's manaul has instructions on how to operate the fog light switch (if so equipped) but none of the option packages list fog lights as being included.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Need a Plug

I downloaded the Altima tech/servic package from Niss tonight and it looks like adding Fog Lights will not be too hard at all.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Enthusiast

Nice, if you do, do it yourself can you take pics and write step by steps on how to do it? Thank you.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GripperDon
I downloaded the Altima tech/servic package from Niss tonight and it looks like adding Fog Lights will not be too hard at all.
What format does the package come in? PDF?

Also I don't know how the Nissan site works, but the Toyota site has almost everything as separate files. To get the whole service manual involves downloading hundreds of files.

I'm assuming that you bought the one day subscription?

Thanks,

Marc

Quick Reply: I can't believe I do not have fog lights.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands