Is our HYBRID badge "borrowed" also ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Is our HYBRID badge "borrowed" also ?

I know our Honda friends are just poking some fun at us, but we traded in our 2001 Honda Civic for our Altima and I would do it again in a heartbeat. That Civic was the worse lemon I have ever owned.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:01 AM
HypoFueler

Yep, although the HCH2 is a great commuter car, I wished that the NAH had been available "between the coasts" earlier this year - I would have seriously considered it. Its styling was the best of the hybrids in my opinion.

Youre right, I thought the HAH was a bad offering - 50% more ICE cylinders than needed and wished it had a 5spd like my old Accord.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

My dad owns a HCH1 and has a '05 HAH on lease. He uses the HCH for commuting and around town errands and the HAH for trips. He used to commute with the HAH but that was before my brother went to college and had been using the HCH. I have driven the HAH a few times and I do like the power! I have gotten up to 70 mph merging onto the interstate without even noticing. Crazy. He has gotten almost 40 mpg with it too on some of his longer trips while still going around 65 mph. Pretty decent! The extra space, comfort, and power are nice on trips. The power comes especially in handy in the mountains.

I personally would rather have better FE than all that stuff, however, which is why I bought a HCH2. When the lease on my Dad's HAH expires next year he is still not sure if he will keep it. He loves that car but knows that it is a creature comfort car as compared to his HCH. He doesn't need a HAH, it's just nice to have. It's still a lot better than any non-hybrid SUV, however. I have my own car now and my next two siblings are both at college now so the extra vehicle is not needed anymore.

So everyone may be bashing the HAH but I think it's a great vehicle. I just think the market audience was too small.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:26 AM
Enthusiast

The HAH is a sharp ride, I wasn't bashing.... just a small jab in retaliation...

Back on topic, has anyone ever seen both badges side by side?

I would of thought maybe the font would be colored "GREEN" instead of blue?

Old 07-18-2007, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Tim A
I would of thought maybe the font would be colored "GREEN" instead of blue?
Blue is my favorite color. That must be why it is blue! (The world revolves around me? )

Old 07-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Ok,

I have found some pictures. It looks like the HCH badge is light blue and in an italicized font. The NAH is dark blue with a straight font. The "R"s appear different.

Altima http://z.about.com/d/alternativefuel...ybridbadge.JPG

Civic http://hybridcars.about.com/od/honda...ichybrid_9.htm

Old 07-18-2007, 12:51 PM

So there it is. The HCH badge is different! (and better! )