Roll call... how many Altima hybrid owners are here?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 06:16 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Roll call... how many Altima hybrid owners are here?

Just picked one up last Wed. About 250 miles so far and very happy. Got rid of a gas eating 92 BMW 525

Old 08-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Enthusiast

Took delivery of my 2009 NAH last night...my first hybrid.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Enthusiast

Just got my "new" 2007 with 30,000km on it.

Easily getting 40mpg (5.7 l/100km) on average so far. Love the car!

You can indeed feel the electric motors kicking in and out, and the gas engine going on and off. But it feels like an auto tranny shifting; not unpleasant at all. I like the fact you can tell what is going on!

Todd

Old 05-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Enthusiast

Hi from PA

2008 Altima Hybrid, 33604 miles.
Average mileage, hmmm, I would say 33 mpg or so. I drive up and down small mountains here in the Pocono area.

I really love the car, but downside: Key Fob activation problems in pants, I pop the trunk, roll down the windows, aaargh!

I did have the car die completely on me, at work, had to have it towed away.
The 12V battery in the trunk decided to die.

Jeff

Old 05-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Hybrid Enthusiast

We bought one in June 2009 and now has about 24k miles on it. Great car. Fun to drive. No problems so far.....

Old 06-03-2010, 09:00 PM
NAH Fanatic

Ive had mine for 5 months with about 8k miles. i get about 35mpg and love it. the car is a great car. people compliment me on it almost everyday.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:33 PM
hlv
Enthusiast

Bought new car last week, first fill-up today at 600 miles on the odometer. Even though trip computer said remaining range was 0, judging from tank capacity it could have gone nearly 700...
Roll call... how many Altima hybrid owners are here?-odometer.jpg

Old 06-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Enthusiast

Bought mine May 28. Averaging around 32mpg (almost all highway). Car is great (and surprisingly peppy). Only hitch for me is an odd vibration that *feels* like it's coming from unbalanced tires, but according to the dealership is "normal." (I've posted a query about this issue in the main Altima forum here.) Still, as a former Camry Hybrid owner, this is one sporty hybrid.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Enthusiast

We bought in Aug 09 and have about 24k miles now, with avg 36mpg from ~50:50 city/hwy.
Couple of minor issues regarding brake pedal squeak, loose trim, etc.
Major issue was eCVT coolant leak, which wasn't addressed at previous oil changes at dealer until I happened to see it under the car. It was crusted and dried around the perimeter with slight wetness at center.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Enthusiast

I have a 2009. After 16,500 miles I have been getting 36.5 mpg. I live in New Jersey and have noticed that I get about 2.5 better mpg in the warm weather than cold. It takes longer for the engine to warm and the battery does not seem quite as effective in the cold.

I had trouble with a cold start, took it to the dealer who found the normal (little) battery was almost dead. Once replaced, I have had no start up problems.

The only aspect that bothers me is when the gas engine starts up about ten seconds after start up. It is a little abrupt. Other than this, I have been very happy with the car.

Based on my mpg, I can get 700 miles on one tank of gas.

Phil

Quick Reply: Roll call... how many Altima hybrid owners are here?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands