Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Big topic: MUSIC when driving?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 10:15 AM
Pale Driver
Default Re: Big topic: MUSIC when driving?

Originally Posted by steved28
Wow! I thought I was the only one driving a hybrid listening to
"Court of the Crimson King!"
Steve,
You inspired me to change my avatar!

Old 06-05-2008, 05:36 PM
'Tis but a scratch!

Our iPod has anything from Paul Simon to KISS to Belinda Carlisle to Avril. Pretty much anything except Country or Rap, nether me nor my wife like either one.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Theatrical Technician

I mostly listen to classic rock or any music with good balanced sound; classical, new pop, a lot of female vocal.

I added the Honda Bass Speaker System because the stock rear speakers sounded really wimpy. Even the new rear speakers sound wimpy so I replaced them with Infinity 2 way speakers. I kick up the rear amp to almost full and the EQ contour somewhere around half way. This EQ, which they call a High pass filter, is more like a mid frequency boost/cut because no matter what setting I use the high frequencies are always clear. Maybe it has something to do with the Infinity speakers. The system doesn't rattle the doors and trunk (I wouldn't want that anyway) but it's very clear and punchy at any volume with any music.

I usually listen to talk and news radio. But when I'm in the mood I play MP3 CDs burned at 192kbps.

Today's listening:
Lacuna Coil, Cream, Imogen Heap, Journey (the older band without Steve Perry), Triumvirat, Nightwish

Last edited by steve1mac; 06-09-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Prius geek

The new Simple Plan CD. wow, it's awesome!

Old 11-16-2008, 03:35 AM
Enthusiast

Well I love the music of Linkin Park when I'm driving... But I already stop that one because it makes me wanna race... It pumps me up! lol

Old 07-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Status ain't hood

Originally Posted by Hybrid Eer
Brian Eno
Nice. The ambient stuff or the art-rock 70s stuff?

Old 07-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Green Missionary

Originally Posted by John M. Dwyer
Music? My tastes run somewhat diverse. My first CD is a recording of The Mikado sung by the Welsh National Opera, followed Wagner overtures, Jacob and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Phil Ochs, Camelot, and Tom Paxton.

But check with me tomorrow. I'm thinking of replacing Camelot with Tom Lehrer.
A year and a half later, I did replace the Wagner Overtures with Tom Lehrer, and additionally replaced Camelot with a Peter, Paul, and Mary album.

I do not think Detroit has a good NPR station although I do pick up network news on it from time to time. But there are two NPR network stations in the Mackinaw area (Central Michigan University and the National Music Camp at Interlochen) which are good.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:48 PM
Enthusiast

^ NPR plays a lot on my radio when I'm commuting.

Occasionally I tune into the local pop and alternative rock stations, but they get old very quickly because they recycle the same "current" bunch of songs. I don't have an iPod, so I'm not techy enough to put my playlist into the car.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Pale Driver

Originally Posted by ballerstatus99
Nice. The ambient stuff or the art-rock 70s stuff?
Mostly the 70s stuff-Warm Jets through Before and After Science. There's some from Cale & Eno's Wrong Way Up, which I heard a song from on the old TV show "Northern Exposure" and immediately went out and bought the CD.

Somehow, with the road noise and driving distractions, the ambient stuff doesn't seem to come across well in the car.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Green Missionary

Originally Posted by monay
star trek
I am obviously a fan of star trek dvd series , I have been a star trek fan since I was about 6 years old and my friends dad would watch the next generation every single night. Since then I have been watching star trek next generation seasons 1-7 dvd boxset, star trek the original seasons 1-3 dvd boxset, star trek deep space seasons 1-7 dvd boxset, star trek voyager seasons 1-7 dvd boxset.Let me tell you my favorite is and will always be star trek voyager seasons 1-7 dvd boxset . If I have to give grade to star trek voyager seasons 1-7 dvd boxset, then I will obsoulutly give 5 stars..............
Glad to have a fellow trekker aboard. I watched ST:TOS (Star Trek: The Original Series) when it first hit the TV. And somehow, like the old St. Pauli beer ad said, "You never forget your first girl." The other series were great with better treatment of ideas, with real scenery replacing plastic rocks, and more even and higher quality scripts, production, and direction (and even, yes, acting!).

But TOS broke the ground in a time when there was no such thing on TV. As bad as it was in some ways - and as good as it was in others - it forged the trail for the other Trek series and for other quality TV as well.

It may be imperfect to a fault, but TOS will always be my first love.

Quick Reply: Big topic: MUSIC when driving?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands