Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

How do you deal with treehugging hippie comments?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 12:52 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Çhý££ íñ thé Ãír:

___One of the guys at work approached me tonight about higher FE and the like. I spoke with him for just a few minutes about Peak Oil and how it is affecting us today as well as how it will probably affect us tomorrow. I sent him some links via company E-Mail and you never know, hopefully it may change his habits as well? He was giving one of the other guy’s flak for owning an SUV later on in the shift … It almost brought a tear to my eye

___A Tech from another department tracked me down just 3 days ago to tell me about his brand new Prius II. I saw him drive it in for the first time this week and again, you never know … $56 for a Bbl of oil today is starting to hit the non-believers in the pocket book awfully hard … as it does mine unfortunately

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 03-21-2005, 07:47 AM
Enthusiast

I was thinking yesterday about the gas prices. If I still had my 4x4 truck, I'd be paying about $50 a week to fill up. I filled up my HCH last night on $21 and that'll last me over a month. Less than $5 a week vs $50 a week is a no-brainer. If anyone calls me a tree-hugging hippie, I'll just tell them I'm saving at least $180 a month on gas.

And I'll tell them I'm not a hippie -- I bathe.

Old 03-21-2005, 04:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My father is a hippie, and I am old enough to remember that group.

They bathed as much as anybody else, perhaps more. But most had a distinct preference to bathe with the opposite sex

Hybrid owners as a group, tend to be a bit non-conformist. It is not an insult. And ignorant pot shots is unbecoming.

Old 03-22-2005, 06:33 AM
Enthusiast

Maybe back then. The modern day "hippies" I've been around seem to have forgotten how to shave, bathe, and wash their hair. They're more interested in listening to Phish and smoking marijuana. That's not to say that everyone is like that - just those I've seen. I do believe there's a difference between hippies back then and those that call theirselves hippies now.