Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Off Topic (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/off-topic-9/)
-   -   Is this site totally dead? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/off-topic-9/site-totally-dead-22286/)

Indigo 08-03-2009 08:48 AM

Is this site totally dead?

I've noticed that this site seems to have experienced a sudden and profound deterioration lately. Almost all of the threads are overrun with bots and all of the new users are computer-generated fake users that are just random-character strings. Almost all of the posts are just spambot jumbles. What happened to this place?!:confused:

Gairwyn 08-03-2009 09:29 AM

Re: Is this site totally dead?

I totally agree about the spambot thing. Seems like whoever is in charge doesn't care to take the time to ban spammers or remove their posts.
Just like they didn't care to do anything about the new lame database.
Therefore many people just left. The best the survivors can do is try to have a discussion "around" the spam.

cbibbs 08-03-2009 09:55 AM

The last admin checked out awhile ago. He made a post to that effect. https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...-notice-21317/

Benton 08-03-2009 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Gairwyn (Post 208081)
Seems like whoever is in charge doesn't care to take the time to ban spammers or remove their posts.

Could only help if they'd qualify new members before granting 'em post-permission.

Benton 3aug09

Indigo 08-03-2009 02:51 PM

It seems kinda short-sighted that the last admin didn't appoint a replacement before leaving. How can there ever be a new admin without an existing admin to authorize the promotion?

Heck, promote me! I'd volunteer an hour a week to delete the bot accounts.

cbibbs 08-03-2009 03:18 PM

The company that owns the site didn't respond to his resignation. He didn't have the power to appoint.

Gairwyn 08-03-2009 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Indigo (Post 208112)
Heck, promote me! I'd volunteer an hour a week to delete the bot accounts.

Try PMing IB Adrian. Maybe he'd be able to set you up to do that.
He seems to be the only person in charge at all.

BigTuna 08-20-2009 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Benton (Post 208085)
Could only help if they'd qualify new members before granting 'em post-permission.

Benton 3aug09

If you really want to help you could PM one of the admins.

Sorry about all the spam, I'm trying to get it under control. Many of the spammers have been already been banned.

GreenBoy 04-16-2010 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Indigo (Post 208074)
I've noticed that this site seems to have experienced a sudden and profound deterioration lately. Almost all of the threads are overrun with bots and all of the new users are computer-generated fake users that are just random-character strings. Almost all of the posts are just spambot jumbles. What happened to this place?!:confused:

No! We shall continue to live with this site. This site is a good starting point in saving our economy.

Jason 04-27-2010 08:25 PM

I'm sorry for what's happened here. Unfortunately, I didn't see this coming five years ago.