Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Off Topic (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/off-topic-9/)
-   -   Sweden Plans to be Oil-Free by 2020 (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/off-topic-9/sweden-plans-oil-free-2020-a-5866/)

Delta Flyer 02-08-2006 02:34 PM

Sweden Plans to be Oil-Free by 2020

Exxon says America can't do this. Sweden is running on 26% alternative fuels and plans to be oil free in fifteen years. While I'm not suggesting to emulate their society, I do think a serious energy policy is a very good idea....

BBC Story

springkitten 02-08-2006 03:27 PM

Re: Sweden Plans to be Oil-Free by 2020

Sweden may be the next global Super Power (the rest of us will be back in the Stone Age) I think I'll buy a horse while they're still cheap... ;)

ralph_dog 02-08-2006 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by springkitten
Sweden may be the next global Super Power (the rest of us will be back in the Stone Age) I think I'll buy a horse while they're still cheap... ;)

Wonder if they will be going back to glass milk bottles, pill bottles, paper cartons, copper pipe, wooden wagon wheels and steel dashboards for the Saab's or maybe they will just be importing all their plastics, syn rubber, etc??? It's expensive to live there now, think of how much all that stuff will cost by then?? Or maybe they import all of that junk anyway??? Or by oil free, do they mean just transportation, electric generation, air travel, teflon cookware??? Yeeesh, where do they come up with this junk..:confused: ;)

Delta Flyer 02-08-2006 05:14 PM

What I was thinking when posting this thread was this is the polar opposite of Exxon saying it's useless and detremental for America to be foreign oil-free, much less be totally oil-free. Just wishing for a serious resolve for America to reduce oil-consumption.

ralph_dog 02-08-2006 05:45 PM

My feelings exactly.

The US will be oil free I fear only when its all gone....:cry:

laurie 02-08-2006 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by springkitten

HA. i HAVE a horse, and he wasn't cheap. however, i can renew his food by cutting our field every year.

Delta Flyer 02-08-2006 09:17 PM

I said this once, but Ford is sort of putting Volvo to good use as they make the hybrid components of the FEH - GM needs to do the same with Saab. I think Saab has a concept hybrid....