Chevy Tahoe Hybrid Forum

Old 06-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Enthusiast
Default Chevy Tahoe Hybrid Forum

So how come Chevy Tahoe Hybrid dosen't get one of those cute pictures and links at the top of the page? All the Prius owners giving the CTH drivers grief across the web, and now this!

I now have just over 2,200 miles on my new hybrid and have averaged 24.2 mpg over the last 1,281 miles based on gas slip calculations. Trip computer reports 24.6 mpg. I would like to see what mileage others are getting but I don't seem to be able to find the Tahoe Hybrid mileage database.

Any help?

Old 06-10-2008, 05:48 AM
Contributor ($)
Default Re: Chevy Tahoe Hybrid Forum

Shawn,
Congrats on the Tahoe Hybrid. You are doing better than my (non-hybrid) minivan for gas mileage, and I'm certain your vehicle is much larger.

Sounds like GM will have their Tahoe represented at Hybridfest this year, I'll be interested to hear people's feedback about it.

Glad you are keeping your sense of humor regarding Tahoe Hybrid discrimination for now. I look forward to hearing more about how things go for you. When did you get you're Tahoe and what part of the country are you in?

Last edited by ericbecky; 06-10-2008 at 05:52 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

Shawn,

I've had my Tahoe hybrid since February, over 6000 miles. My mpg is at https://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/.../car/6478.html

I was averaging right at 20.0, but took a slight hit last week driving from Dallas to Arkansas at70 mph with a bike rack on the back. I'm not sure if there are any other Tahoe's recording mileage, but look through cars listed as 'other'.

Tom H. in Dallas.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Enthusiast

Eric, Tom,

Thanks. We live in Salt Lake City, so the car sees a lot of city and mountain driving. We replaced an old Land Rover. So far, we have been very happy.

I have a 780 mile vacation/road trip coming up next week. This will be the first long highway trip. I'll let you know how the mileage tracks. I will be hauling 7 scouts with a trailer. The rear entertainment system will get a workout.

I'll check out the "other" cars category and see what I find.

Thanks again,

Shawn

Old 06-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Outcast Enthusiast

I have seen at least 10 of these around where I live (SC). I have identified them by their Hybrid Graphics. Do all of the Hybrid Tahoe/Yukon come with the Hybrid graphics?

FWIW, we own a 07 Denali XL (6.2L - 6-spd auto, no engine management). We see 17-18 on the highway and 14-16 with mixed 40/60 driving. It doesn't take much (i.e. jackrabbit starts or >75mph) to drastically influence FE. Tom's 17-23 MPG sounds real good.

Last edited by doasc; 06-11-2008 at 10:22 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

I think they all come with the graphics. My wife would prefer that I remove them. BTW, mine is 4WD which I use in the mountains in New Mexico where I have a cabin at the top of a steep and twisty dirt road. The 2WD should do better for mileage.

Tom H. in Dallas

Old 06-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Enthusiast

I think that Tom has it right: All of the Tahoe Hybrids come with the graphics. We are pulling the one on the front window. A little work with the hair dryer should help it peel right off. I think we found something like 13 hybrid logos or stickers around the car, inside and out.

I guess that GM didn't want anyone to miss the fact that it's a hybrid.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Proud to be GM

Originally Posted by Volquinum
I think that Tom has it right: All of the Tahoe Hybrids come with the graphics. We are pulling the one on the front window. A little work with the hair dryer should help it peel right off. I think we found something like 13 hybrid logos or stickers around the car, inside and out.

I guess that GM didn't want anyone to miss the fact that it's a hybrid.
Well, unfortunately they didn't listen to me on that one. I would have loved to see them as a dealer install, customer choice option. Oh well.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by Volquinum
So how come Chevy Tahoe Hybrid dosen't get one of those cute pictures and links at the top of the page? All the Prius owners giving the CTH drivers grief across the web, and now this!
Any help?
Well, I've brought it up, so hopefully we'll get that fixed for you guys. LOL, believe me, there's not many who are better versed in SUV Hybrid persecution then I am. Though we really need a better abbreviation, CTH seems like a typo of TCH, Toyota Camry Hybrid. TaHy? (Much like the Highlander Hybrids HiHy)

As to the Tahoe Hybrid, congrats! She's a fine machine, and I actually had some fun with the drive I took a Yukon Hybrid on. When treated right, she can deliver some astonishing MPGs!

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 06-12-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Enthusiast

I purchased my Hybrid Tahoe exactly two weeks and 1360 miles ago. I am getting right between 21 and 22 mpg. The mileage includes one roundtrip from Dallas to Houston, but the rest is in-town start and stop driving. I had an '03 Tahoe that averaged 13 mpg, so I'm pretty happy thus far.

I had never seen a Tahoe Hybrid prior to my purchase, nor have I since. I'm really looking now that I have one, but have yet to see another one! The logos and decals certainly stir up interest. I can't go anywhere without someone stopping me and asking how I like it and what MPG I'm getting.

A few questions for those of you who own one...
1. Do you know anything about the emergency tire inflation system? I ran over an allen wrench in the Walmart parking lot today which resulted in a flat. Fortunately I was right across the street from Discount tire, who repaired it for me. I'm concerned about being without a spare.
2. How does the system decide whether it will be 4 or 8 cylinder?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chevy Tahoe Hybrid Forum

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands