Ughh my luck P0752

Old 10-28-2015, 05:47 AM
Enthusiast
Default Ughh my luck P0752

Ok so two days ago wife drove home, said the truck was whining a bit, went to back her in the drive and lost all gears. Shift lever moved, but the truck stayed in nuetral no matter the gear or even manual mode. I shut it off and on restart got the CEL. Pulled out my code reader and got

P0700 seems to just be a basic trans code
P0752 1/2 shift solenoid open circuit

Did some research and it seems the 0752 means the solenoid is stuck open, check fluid level, possible contaminant blockage, bad solenoid, etc.

Well I had to get it in the drive so I cleared the code. Vehicle drove flawless. I've driven it the last two days, like a grandma, beat on it, and I can't get it to duplicate. The trans was serviced by a Chevy dealer 27k ago. I have an appointment on Friday and they are going to perform a trans diagnostic, whatever that means. If their are no codes (because I had to erase them to get it out of the middle of the road) I'm not sure what they can check.

Vehicle is a 2013 Tahoe Hybrid with 107k miles, and every single service item performed.

Anyone have any experience with the P0752 code?
I know it's common in Chevy/GM products with a wave plate, but we don't have one do we?

I have NO WARRANTY, ughhhhh.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:50 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Ughh my luck P0752

I'm going to try to get them to drop the pan and do a simple inspection for debris, new filter, refill.
If they won't cover that, I'll do it myself at home.
I can't imagine a 2013 with a bunch of highway miles, and a good service record has a major trans issue. Just doesn't seem likely, but it's just my luck.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:44 PM
Enthusiast

Well after some research it seems the GM 2ML70 has a specific procedure and shop tool for hooking to the trans and performing shift solenoid pressure testing and cleaning. So I guess the good news is this is not an unknown weird issue, if that makes sense. There is a process for testing and diagnosing the solenoid. The dealer has assured me they will do whatever they can to help out, we shall see if this holds true Friday. I will say I purchased from a large Chevy dealer that has great reviews for sales and service. It's very hard to find a dealer with good service reviews.

I have replaced solenoids in Dodge/Ram 48RE transmissions and they are not a big deal. I do despise the fact GM puts the shift linkage on the trans and it is a bear to get it off and out of the way for any trans work, nothing worse than stripping the T40 Torx bolts. Of course this is if it's the same as my last Tahoe and Suburban.

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts let me know. I can't be the only one, lol.

Old 10-31-2015, 01:56 AM
Enthusiast

Well, the dealer is being more than fair at this point. Decided to keep the vehicle and not just tell me the vehicle wouldn't reproduce the issue. Even though I cleared the code to get her moving again they were able to find it. They said before they threw parts at it they wanted to completely diagnose the issue and make sure we were comfortable with our purchase. Then they put me in a vehicle free of charge and not a roller skate. I mentioned our busy schedule with 3 small kids and they stepped up and got me in a full size SUV no questions.
I can't help but feel like this is going to bite me though, they are being way too nice and I did sign the as is NO Warranty form at the time of purchase. They assured me its all on them and they want to make it right! What am I missing, LOL.
I'll keep everyone posted.

Old 10-31-2015, 11:41 AM
Administrator

It's too good to be true or they want you to buy the SUV loaner you're currently driving!

Old 11-01-2015, 03:28 AM
Enthusiast

Loaner is a rent a car 2016 Ford Expedition with the V6 Ecoboost (paid by the dealer), so they can't sell me that LOL. I've never owned a ford, I must say it's interesting to drive 2 vehicles with very different power trains trying to achieve mpg gains. I will say I'm impressed with how the Eco moves such a large vehicle, but when it comes to driving in congested NoVa you can't beat a Hybrid. Way too much congestion, stop and go, etc for it to even be a comparison.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:17 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by RyeThomas
Loaner is a rent a car 2016 Ford Expedition with the V6 Ecoboost (paid by the dealer), so they can't sell me that LOL. I've never owned a ford, I must say it's interesting to drive 2 vehicles with very different power trains trying to achieve mpg gains. I will say I'm impressed with how the Eco moves such a large vehicle, but when it comes to driving in congested NoVa you can't beat a Hybrid. Way too much congestion, stop and go, etc for it to even be a comparison.
That's true! Nothing beats the GM hybrid system. Wished it was available in my 2015 escalade that I traded my 2009 escalade hybrid to.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:58 AM
Enthusiast

Well picked her up last night, dealer could not get the trans to act up at all. While hooked up to the scan tool it ran 100% every time. They paid for my loaner/rental, washed and filled up my Tahoe at no charge to me. I'm happy, hope it was a fluke, and I'm ready to put a couple 100k of my own on her. Very happy with the dealership, they have gone way above and beyond.

Old 11-05-2015, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Excellent!

Old 11-05-2015, 04:14 PM
Enthusiast

What a great experience from a dealer, not what you expect!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ughh my luck P0752

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands