09 sierra hybrid exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 03:24 PM
Enthusiast
Default 09 sierra hybrid exhaust

So I put a magna flow exhaust on but I left the resonator the magna flow is rather quiet it'll get a little rumble when you drive but not what I wanted if I remove the resonator will I get more tone and now the exhaust or they sound like an import. Or can I go with a different muffler? My other question is where can I get it PCOM tuner or tuning software and even to accommodate my exhaust and volant intake

Old 09-03-2017, 10:26 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 09 sierra hybrid exhaust

Removing the resonator was one of the first modifications I did, it weighs 33 pounds and serves almost no purpose(and it's visible & ugly on a Tahoe). There is a slight drone at certain RPM's with it removed...it is really almost unnoticeable. I am convinced they added it so soccer mom's wouldn't be back at the dealer complaining about the slight drone. It being removed does not affect the exhaust note whatsoever, it does silence the drone though....Results may vary with aftermarket exhaust.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:54 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 09 sierra hybrid exhaust

Yeah I took my resonator off I wasn't particularly fond of the magna flow exhaust but without the resonator it sounds good and it is the right exhaust for the truck is the one that they call for that will 100 resent work without a doubt but I wasn't happy with that first but without the resonator. She's right where I want it not too loud but not stock just noticeable but not overkill