Removing hybrid system possible?

Old 11-23-2017, 06:10 AM
Enthusiast
Default Removing hybrid system possible?

So I’ve got an 09 Sierra Hybrid and I am seriously wondering if it would be possible to completely remove the hybrid system from the truck? Like could I throw a 4l60e or 4l80e into the truck, replace with a traditional starter and steering system? I figure when I put batteries in it that it will cost around 4000 so do y’all think for the same price I could delete the hybrid system completely?

Old 11-27-2017, 11:24 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Removing hybrid system possible?

I don't think you can do it for less than a new battery...

Old 11-28-2017, 09:49 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You will need to do the engine, all hydraulics for brakes, install traditional power steering, add alternator, add traditional air conditioning compressor ( and AC computer system), make heater modifications, and or bypass the Hybrid based Body Computer as well.

Short answer is YES! It can be done.

Old 07-09-2020, 04:38 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Removing hybrid system possible? How much will that cost

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
You will need to do the engine, all hydraulics for brakes, install traditional power steering, add alternator, add traditional air conditioning compressor ( and AC computer system), make heater modifications, and or bypass the Hybrid based Body Computer as well.

Old 07-09-2020, 04:40 PM
Enthusiast

how much would it cost to do

Old 07-09-2020, 05:05 PM
Enthusiast

how much would it cost to do

Old 07-14-2020, 03:18 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Buy a wreaked Silverado transplant from there since it will have Everything you need ...
(something that was rear ended)

Old 08-14-2020, 06:38 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I do not think it would be worth the trouble and expense. Several places have the re-manufactured batteries for around 2600, besides these things will limp along for years with a bad hybrid battery. Worst symptom that I had was an occasional hesitation on takeoff from a dead stop. It seemed like the Hybrid battery just did not have enough juice to start the ICE through the dampener plate at times, especially with some high draw items on like AC. It still ran really good just had an occasional hiccup.