Battery fan Fault codes return after buying new fans

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 08:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default Battery fan Fault codes return after buying new fans

I've been having a heck of a time reviving a 2007 ford escape hybrid. I've followed the guides on here and on other websites, I noticed it wouldn't go into EV mode on warm days. I replaced a dirty hybrid battery air filter, both cooling fans with the new and improved revision b fans, as the fault code for one was present, and the valve in the ac that goes bad in these. Now both p0a81 p0a96 will randomly come back after driving it for a while and the battery will overheat and disable ev mode. When the system works right the battery is cooled fine, it can work for a day, but randomly one of these fault codes will come back with brand new fans and disable them, resulting in an overheated battery. If you run a BCM test from forscan that makes the fans manually spin they'll both spin, the fault codes will reset, and all will be well for a few hours or so until the fault codes return.

I'm at a loss on what to do at this point...

Old 05-31-2019, 08:31 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Battery fan Fault codes return after buying new fans

Did you inspect all of the refrigerant lines running from the A/C compressor up front to the rear battery compartment? Sometimes these leak.

Old 09-26-2019, 11:38 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by F0l2saken
I've been having a heck of a time reviving a 2007 ford escape hybrid. I've followed the guides on here and on other websites, I noticed it wouldn't go into EV mode on warm days. I replaced a dirty hybrid battery air filter, both cooling fans with the new and improved revision b fans, as the fault code for one was present, and the valve in the ac that goes bad in these. Now both p0a81 p0a96 will randomly come back after driving it for a while and the battery will overheat and disable ev mode. When the system works right the battery is cooled fine, it can work for a day, but randomly one of these fault codes will come back with brand new fans and disable them, resulting in an overheated battery. If you run a BCM test from forscan that makes the fans manually spin they'll both spin, the fault codes will reset, and all will be well for a few hours or so until the fault codes return.

I'm at a loss on what to do at this point...
Replace ev blend door actuator and reset bcm. Check voltage and signal on leads going to fans before and after fan plugs. Plug connectors are crap imo. Not tight enough, hence all the zip ties and foam tape.

Old 11-05-2019, 06:54 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Well So far no trouble After replacement of the 12+volt battery my Computer has completed almost all of the emissions readiness.

I bought an AGM battery for $165 760cca

the old battery just gave out that is why i got those codes the P0069 and engine revving was a symptom of a bad 12volt battery then more codes popped up etc..

.I just gotta to eliminate the high resistance ground wire...now someone thought it would be cool to daisy chain the ground wire so they can save a 6$ on copper wire.. bet the cost cutting engineer does not know what OHMs means or how heat effects the resistance of metals
i would not want to be passing current threw a very hot metal object (the engine ) also would the spark plugs cause extra noise on the circuit?