HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Transmission Issues (dying?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 04:24 AM
Enthusiast
Default Transmission Issues (dying?)

I have a 2008 Civic hybrid that is just shy of 186k miles. I purchased it 5 years ago with 105k miles and did not receive any of the past service record. I also replaced the battery with a new beemax battery about 30k miles ago. About 6 months prior to replacing the battery the transmission began showing signs of issues. It would occasionally have a lag time, 1-3 seconds, for power output when pulling away from a dead stop. The engine would rev but it would just creep and then eventually take off as usual. Over the past 1.5 years it has began to at times cause the car to vibrate fairly hard for a brief period when pulling away from a stopped position. This seems to happen most when I am getting off the interstate or having to pull up a steep hill from a stopped position.
Admittedly, I was not aware of the need to regularly change the cvt fluid for about the first 50k that I owned the car. Once I learned that I did change it 3 times within a month to try and flush/ clean it out and have done so every 15k miles to hopefully find some way to mitigate any past damage done. Is there anything else I can try to add more life or does it seem to be on the decline?
Apologies for being long winded. I can do general auto maintenance but am far from being a mechanic. Am just trying to give as much info as possible.

Old 07-16-2019, 06:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Transmission Issues (dying?)

google "honda CVT judder"